Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dassan

dassan

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

hey guys i have a Phenom IIx4 940 BE 3 Ghz CPU and its normal base clock is 200 and multiplier is 15. When i play games i have mini freezes all the time but no problem when i m not playing a game. But if i lower the multiplier to 13 and make it 2600 Mhz , i have no freezes at all. There wasnt a problem like this before, this happened after i used the Auto Tune in AMD Overdrive section of AMD Vision Engine Control Center.That program tried till 3700 mhz and when it s 3700 mhz my computer freezed. My cpu s burned or something what s the problem here? And there s a chance that CPU Overdrive Auto Tune made and dmg to my graphics card GPU? I be happy if u help guys thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JHMcG

JHMcG

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

If you are going to "Overclock", it is a good idea to have a high performance CPU cooler. Also use Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste. 

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/intelburntest.html

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Burn test and core temp.  Use them.  If your CPU overheats it throttles back to avoid overheating.  Not saying that is the cause of your problem, but it is a place to start.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#4 dassan

dassan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

I did used Hwmonitor. Played Grid 2 on 2400(200x13)MHZ, on Auto (200x15) and on 3400 (200x17)Mhz. There was no small freezes on 2400 mhz but on auto and 3400 mhz there were freezes tho they started after 4-5 mins of gaming. Min numbers on Hwmonitor is while on idle and max numbers are gaming.

3K4qDzSMoVKeilO29xvSdK88C.jpg

#5 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

From the max temps I see, it has to throttling down.  Input from other posters would be appreciated .

What sort of cooler are you using?

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#6 dassan

dassan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

i m using a stock cooler but why in all conditions (low OC , normal one and high OC) it s 80C while gaming? And why there is not problem in games whiel playing on 2600 mhz and there s problem while playing on 3GHZ which s CPU's normal speed eventho temperatures are the same?

#7 LPTJared

LPTJared

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

It's most likely a temperature issue seeing as your temps are quite high. I'd recommend getting a decent cpu cooler and maybe some Icy Diamond or Arctic Silver thermal paste. Here's a great cooler for the money: Hyper 212 Evo and here's some thermal paste: Arctic Silver 5 (Expensive but there's a lot in the tube and it's really good stuff.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users