Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wiaservc dll error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gazinbali

gazinbali

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

Hi To all at Bleeping Computer..

I am running win xp pro sp2
I am getting constant popup boxes with wiaservc.dll error.
This sometimes prevents opening My computer window or causes any graphics related operation to crash or at least i have to wait ages for it to work properly
I was getting this error for some time.. so I did a search for the dll to check its validity, but it was not on my computer..???
Somewhere I read that win xp and win 7 dont need this dll to function..Hmmmm??
But I was definitely getting the error message.. so I decided maybe I should download and install WIASERVC.DLL.. which I did.

No change.. I still have the problem.
Can you please assist

Thanks

Gary

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

First immediately update your system to SP3. After the reboot. Immediately visit Windows Update and install the 100 or so updates waiting for you.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:59 AM

I agree, without SP3 Windows XP is not supported through Microsoft updates.  With SP3 XP will be supported until April of this coming year, so it's well worth the installation.

If you are still experiencing problems with the wiaservc.dll error I would suggest reading what Microsoft Support has to say about it and how to resolve it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users