Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't start windows can some one help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jorgeaj55

Jorgeaj55

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

A couple of days ago my computer crash I have a dell running windows 7 64bit when I try and restarting it took me to start up repair it always tell me the same thing

Start up repair cannot repair this computer automatically

The problem details (I am going to be replacing Ps =problem signature for short)

Problem signatures
Problem event name startuprepairoffline
Ps 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Ps 02: 7.1.7600.16385
Ps 03: unknowns
Ps 04: 21199995
Ps 05: auto failover
Ps 06: 22
Ps 07: corrupt file
Is version 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID 1033

I can't start system restore because it tells me I am running in a limited diagnostic sate
I don't have a recovery disk
I can't start up in safe mode it always turns black for a second then sends me to sytem repair
Can someone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

Please backup your data first either by connecting the drive by enclosure or adapter to retrieve important documents. There is a possibility that the hard drive is failing. Let us know how it went and by the way, :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Another option also is using a bootable Live Disc just in case.

Tekken

#3 Jorgeaj55

Jorgeaj55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

Thanks for welcoming me
I don't care about any files on my computer
And I am sorry do I just download the bootable live disc and it solves it
Sorry my computer skills are not that good

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

Since there aren't files needed to be retrieved, please run a diagnostic test using the DOS mode environment procedure to check the health status of your hard drive. Depending on the manufacturing brand by looking physically on the side sticker of the disk drive, create a bootable disc and choose the brand name from this link and follow the instructions on how to make a test disc. A short and long test should tell the reliability of your HD. Let us know the outcome if there are errors or pass message.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users