Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Webcam = blue screen of death

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DoesNotComputer

DoesNotComputer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

Recently, I had my computer systems re-installed after a complete power-down (loss of power to the computer as one of the circuits connecting the power charger to the computer was broken). I found that whether I'm using Skype or another webcam chat program, whenever I try to initiate the webcam chat the computer goes into the Blue Screen of Death mode. This has happened nearly a dozen times without exception. However, when the other party calls me using webcam and I answer, the computer proceeds normally but the other side cannot see me clearly - the webcam's image is grainy and often split. I'm thinking this is most likely not an issue with the webcam itself, as it does not appear to be damaged and worked properly in the past. It's just that activating the webcam somehow causes the computer to overload. I have not yet experimented with the YouTube webcam feature, so I don't know yet whether that will cause the computer to crash. Any insights on this problem?

The computer is a Dell Inspiron 11z notebook with intel i3 core processor (laptop computer).

Edited by DoesNotComputer, 27 June 2013 - 07:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

Hi DoesNotComputer :)

Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Do you see any dmp logs from the folder?  If yes, then read the instruction of the second paragraph below.If not, configure kernel memory dump debugging information under startup and recovery.

> Right-click My Computer and choose Properties.
> Go to Advanced System Settings - Advance Tab.
> Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings...
> Look for 'write debugging information' and use Kernel memory dump
> Checkmark overwrite any existing file

If there are latest created minidumps under C:\Windows\Minidump folder, please post the latest dmp logs (atleast 5) by :

> Highlight (holding ctrl key) and choosing the dmp logs by hitting enter or left mouse click.
> Right-click and choose send to desktop.
> When on desktop, highlight all dmp logs and right-click and send to compressed zipped folder.
> Upload and share the link by registering here https://www.box.com/
* minidumps log sample 010613 - 16676 -01.dmp -> 01 is for month - 06 for day - 13 is for year.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users