Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need help removing Panda antivirus pro 2013

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 birdietsidii

birdietsidii

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

Im trying to help my mom fix her laptop. My neice was on here messing around and got some malware/adware and viruses on it. My mom downloaded panda but it would never install properly. It won't allow me to uninstall it, it brings up some error. If anyone could help me remove it, I'd really appreciate it. 

And if anyone could recommend the best free anti virus/ malware/ adware scanners so that I can scan and try to fix the problems my neice did that would be great. I think my mom already ran scans with avg and mbam, but i'll make sure those are updated and ran real quick.  in the meantime the panda antivirus pro pops up every few minutes saying it needs to be activated when you try it says generic error.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

Take a look here for removal instructions: http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/support/card?id=55509

For AV and security advice take a look here to start: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407147/answers-to-common-security-questions-best-practices/

If you have additional questions or need more information just ask in this topic.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/panda-antivirus-uninstaller/

==]--s1lents0ul-->

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

Hi -

Take care if the program was downloaded from one of these links > >

panda antivirus pro 2013 activation code
panda antivirus pro 2012 activation code crack free download
panda antivirus pro 2013 activation key
panda antivirus pro 2013 activation code crack
panda antivirus pro 2013 crack
panda antivirus pro 2012 activation code free download

They may have been infected sites, and they will cause your Pop-ups due to an infection.

Thank You -

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,897 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

IMPORTANT NOTE: Before removing your existing anti-virus, you should download and save the setup file for the anti-virus you are going to replace it with. Also download any specialized removal tools available from the vendor for your current anti-virus in case you need them.

After doing the above, follow these steps:
  • Disconnect from the Internet.
  • Uninstall your current anti-virus...run removal tools if needed.
  • Reboot and install the replacement.
  • Reboot again to ensure it is working properly before reconnecting to the Internet.
  • Connect to the Internet and immediately download the latest definition database updates.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users