Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Système protect

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vulcain

vulcain

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

Hello,

A friend asked me if this tool is correct, so I come to you for more information because I do not know what to say.

cordially

http://www.pcrx.com/fr/system_protect/default.aspx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

My opinion would be that such is unnecessary, if not undesireable.  I see no need for anyone to install it...and it seems to have a registry cleaner function, if I'm reading correctly.

Bleeping Computer does not recommend/suggest that anyone install/use registry cleaner programs/suites.

Louis

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/how-do-i-remove-pcrx-completely/7a749735-7eb4-4765-9ebc-165acbbeb36d?msgId=d4bec146-fde4-4d14-8537-f89c5208e5a6

http://www.pcrx.com/fr/resource_center/how-do-remove-pcrx-system-optimizer.html

Edited by hamluis, 27 June 2013 - 04:43 PM.

#3 vulcain

vulcain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

Great thank you so I'll discourage

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

The only problem with this method of protection is that it requires user knowledge and interaction. In other words, you have to be involved--and to be honest, it can be a pain. If you want to install a program, you'll have to temporarily disable System Protect or allow access via popup dialogs (if you're in Ask mode), or the install will fail. By default, System Protect only watches system files but you can also put a watch on any folder you choose. Personally, I think it stops a bit short in this regard--I'd like the ability to completely write-protect folders as well.

From: http://www.pcworld.com/article/233800/system_protect.html

From experience I know that if things become too complicated they tend to not be utilized. Then it becomes a 'why bother', situation. Defeating the intent in the first place.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 vulcain

vulcain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

Hello,

thank you for this additional information, it reinforces the fact that it is unnecessary, such protection may create problems.

cordially

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users