Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes when opening a UTube video

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Mike_K

Mike_K

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

Hi All

I have had this problem for a few weeks now and it seems to be getting worse. Sometimes but not always when I try to open a video on UTube the screen goes funny and nothing works. The screen looks like one of those poster they used to have at the mall where if you stare at it crosseyed you could see the Statue of Liberty. Anyway the only solution is to kill the power and restart.

It doesn't happen all the time. I happens with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla. Avast doesn't find anything. MalwareBytes Anti-Malware doesn't find anything and SuperAntiSpyware only finds tracking cookies. Deleting the cookies doesn't help.

System info is in my signature

HP a6009n, windows vista home premium SP2, AMD 64X2 dual core processor 3800+, 2.00GHz, 3G ram, 32 bit operating system, AOL

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

Please go here and download Speccy run the program and when it is finished Hit File >>>>>>Publish Snap Shot>>>> A link will pop-up on your desktop please post it here in your next reply.

Download Autoruns and Autorunsc Unzip it to your desktop and then double click autoruns.exe After the scan is finished then click on File>>>>>>>>>>>Save The default name will be autoruns.arn make sure to save it as Autoruns.txt under the file type option. in other words make sure it is a .txt file instead of .arn Attach the text in your next reply.

#3 Mike_K

Mike_K
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

I ran the scans you asked for but when I try to post the results I get an error message that I don't have permission for that action

Mike

HP a6009n, windows vista home premium SP2, AMD 64X2 dual core processor 3800+, 2.00GHz, 3G ram, 32 bit operating system, AOL

#4 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

Copy and paste them or upload them here and send me the link.

http://www.filedropper.com/

#5 Mike_K

Mike_K
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

This is not going well.

I tried to copy and paste but I get the same error message "You do not have permission for that action" when I hit post

I clicked on your link and created a filedropper.com account. Now I can not access filedropper. I get the error message "Internet explorer cannot display the web page". The best part is they needed my cc info to sign up for the 7 day free trial. Now after 7 days they are going to start charging me $6 a month and I can't access their site to cancel.

Mike

#6 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

You should not have needed to join it is free.

So then please use this site no need to join up just upload the link here.  :thumbup2:

http://uploadmb.com/

#7 Mike_K

Mike_K
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

I hope I did this right.

http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1372467375

http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1372467615

http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1372467658

Mike

#8 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

Open your copy of Autoruns and then untick the items listed below.

These items are under the  "Task Scheduler" TAB

+ "\0" "Internet Explorer" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe" "5/16/2013 6:25 PM"
+ "\4446" "" "" "File not found: C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Local\Temp\launchie.vbs" ""
+ "\Ad-Aware Update (Weekly)" "" "" "File not found: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Ad-AwareAdmin.exe" ""
+ "\Adobe Flash Player Updater" "Adobe® Flash® Player Update Service 11.7 r700" "Adobe Systems Incorporated" "c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\flashplayerupdateservice.exe" "5/29/2013 5:43 PM"
+ "\Apple\AppleSoftwareUpdate" "Apple Software Update" "Apple Inc." "c:\program files\apple software update\softwareupdate.exe" "6/1/2011 8:46 PM"
+ "\avast! Emergency Update" "avast! Emergency Update" "AVAST Software" "c:\program files\avast software\avast\avastemupdate.exe" "10/30/2012 6:42 PM"
+ "\AWC Startup" "Advanced SystemCare 3" "IObit" "c:\program files\iobit\advanced systemcare 3\awc.exe" "6/19/1992 6:22 PM"
+ "\CCleanerSkipUAC" "CCleaner" "Piriform Ltd" "c:\program files\ccleaner\ccleaner.exe" "12/19/2012 1:17 PM"
+ "\Game_Booster_Startup" "" "" "File not found: C:\Program Files\IObit\Game Booster\gbtray.exe" ""
+ "\GoforFilesUpdate" "" "" "File not found: C:\Program Files\GoforFiles\GFFUpdater.exe" ""
+ "\Google Software Updater" "gusvc" "Google" "c:\program files\google\common\google updater\googleupdaterservice.exe" "3/2/2012 5:13 PM"
+ "\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore" "Google Installer" "Google Inc." "c:\program files\google\update\googleupdate.exe" "8/22/2008 3:35 PM"
+ "\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA" "Google Installer" "Google Inc." "c:\program files\google\update\googleupdate.exe" "8/22/2008 3:35 PM"
+ "\IntenetServiceOffers" "ESAdvRemIntegrator" "" "c:\program files\hewlett-packard\sdp\remengine.exe" "12/22/2006 9:25 PM"
+ "\Microsoft\Windows Defender\MP Scheduled Scan" "Windows Defender Command Line Utility" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows defender\mpcmdrun.exe" "1/19/2008 1:42 AM"
+ "\Microsoft\Windows Live\SOXE\Extractor Definitions Update Task" "Windows Live Social Object Extractor Engine" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows live\soxe\wlsoxe.dll" "11/10/2010 6:02 AM"
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Wired\GatherWiredInfo" "" "" "c:\windows\system32\gatherwiredinfo.vbs" "1/5/2008 3:21 AM"
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Wireless\GatherWirelessInfo" "" "" "c:\windows\system32\gatherwirelessinfo.vbs" "1/5/2008 3:34 AM"
+ "\Microsoft_Hardware_Launch_IPoint_exe" "IPoint.exe" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\microsoft intellipoint\ipoint.exe" "6/10/2008 2:04 AM"
+ "\RunAsStdUser Task" "iWin Games Manager application" "iWin Inc." "c:\program files\iwin games\iwingames.exe" "4/8/2011 10:27 AM"
+ "\Scheduled Update for Ask Toolbar" "" "" "File not found: C:\Program Files\Ask.com\UpdateTask.exe" ""
+ "\SmartDefrag_Startup" "Defragments your hard drives more powerfully and more efficiently." "IObit" "c:\program files\iobit\smart defrag 2\smartdefrag.exe" "2/9/2011 4:50 AM"

Now Close Autoruns.

Download and install Revo Uninstaller

• Double click the Revo Uninstaller icon on your desktop to start the program
  • Scroll through the listed programs and Right Click on the program you wish to uninstall
  • From the pop out menu choose Uninstall
  • Click Yes to the confirmation dialogue
  • In the next window select the Advanced mode
  • Click Next to start uninstalling the program
  • Answer Yes to confirm the uninstall
  • When the program has completed the four steps, click Next to allow the program to search for leftovers
  • Once complete, click Next, then Finish
  • Repeat the above steps for any other programs you wish to remove.

Please remove the following programs with Revo.

Advanced SystemCare 3 (Version: 3.7.3)
IObit Security 360 (Version: 1.0)

Next please open your copy of Ccleaner and then hit the tools button then the start up button and then disable ALL items Except Avast. 

Reboot the machine.

Open your device manager hit the start button then right click on computer then select properties then select device manager.[/size]

In device manager, click the View menu and select Show hidden devices

Then hit view again and select devices by connection.

Then scroll down right click and uninstall the drivers listed below,dont worry these will be reinstalled upon reboot by windows.

Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock
Net BT 
Http
Net Io Legacy Support Driver
Tcp/ip Protical Driver
Tcp/ip Registry Compatibility
NSI proxy Service
Security Processor Loader Driver.

Each of these files will request a reboot after uninstall wait until the last one to reboot.

Reset hosts files.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

Run the Junkware removal tool.Post the log.
http://thisisudax.org/downloads/JRT.exe
Reboot your machine.

Download Adware Cleaner double click it to run it.
Click the delete button allow it to run
The program will reboot your machine.
This is normal.
Post the log it creates.

http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner

Edited by InadequateInfirmity, 28 June 2013 - 11:13 PM.

#9 Mike_K

Mike_K
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:28 AM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Thisisu
Version: 4.9.4 (05.06.2013:1)
Ran by Dad on Sat 06/29/2013 at  2:06:04.58

~~~ Services

~~~ Registry Values

~~~ Registry Keys

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\conduit
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\conduit
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\pc optimizer pro
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\tarma installer
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\Software\conduit
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\Software\conduitsearchscopes
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\Software\pricegong
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\Software\smartbar
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\appid\genericasktoolbar.dll
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\installer\features\a28b4d68debaa244eb686953b7074fef
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\installer\products\a28b4d68debaa244eb686953b7074fef
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\installer\upgradecodes\f928123a039649549966d4c29d35b1c9
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\classes\Toolbar.CT2612669
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0B4A10D1-FBD6-451d-BFDA-F03252B05984}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{3B4AC9EE-D905-42DB-A5E9-7C57C5BA4536}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{3d29c02b-bf3e-4d3b-8a7a-e0e7d0f6dbab}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{E1CD6C85-02A8-454B-A40A-E9EA92ACA79A}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0B4A10D1-FBD6-451d-BFDA-F03252B05984}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{3d29c02b-bf3e-4d3b-8a7a-e0e7d0f6dbab}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{81A4EC6A-5BB3-4AA7-BDB4-15237431E291}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{E1CD6C85-02A8-454B-A40A-E9EA92ACA79A}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] "hkey_current_user\software\apn"
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] "hkey_current_user\software\apn pip"
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] "hkey_current_user\software\appdatalow\software\asktoolbar"
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] "hkey_current_user\software\ask.com"
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] "hkey_local_machine\software\apn"
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] "hkey_local_machine\software\asktoolbar"
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] "hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\installer\userdata\s-1-5-18\components\0cfe535c35f99574e8340bfa75bf92c2"
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] "hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\installer\userdata\s-1-5-18\components\120dfadeb50841f408f04d2a278f9509"
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] "hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\installer\userdata\s-1-5-18\components\261f213d1f55267499b1f87d0cc3bcf7"
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] "hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\installer\userdata\s-1-5-18\components\741b4adf27276464790022c965ab6da8"
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] "hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\installer\userdata\s-1-5-18\components\7de196b10195f5647a2b21b761f3de01"
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] "hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\installer\userdata\s-1-5-18\components\9d4f5849367142e4685ed8c25e44c5ed"
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] "hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\installer\userdata\s-1-5-18\components\a5875b04372c19545beb90d4d606c472"
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] "hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\installer\userdata\s-1-5-18\components\a876d9e80b896ec44a8620248cc79296"
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] "hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\installer\userdata\s-1-5-18\components\b66ffab725b92594c986de826a867888"
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] "hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\installer\userdata\s-1-5-18\products\a28b4d68debaa244eb686953b7074fef"
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] "hkey_local_machine\software\pip"

~~~ Files

Successfully deleted: [File] "C:\end"

~~~ Folders

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\ProgramData\aol toolbar"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\ProgramData\big fish games"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\ProgramData\tarma installer"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Roaming\goforfiles"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\Dad\appdata\local\conduit"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\Dad\appdata\locallow\conduit"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\Dad\appdata\locallow\couponxplorer_5z"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\Dad\appdata\locallow\pricegong"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files\aol toolbar"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files\conduit"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files\couponxplorer_5z"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\ProgramData\ask"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\Dad\appdata\locallow\asktoolbar"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Windows\installer\{86d4b82a-abed-442a-be86-96357b70f4fe}"

~~~ FireFox

Successfully deleted: [File] C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\jsj7xfl4.default\user.js
Successfully deleted: [Folder] C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\jsj7xfl4.default\extensions\{7AFFBFAE-C4E2-4915-8C0F-00FA3EC610A1}
Successfully deleted the following from C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\jsj7xfl4.default\prefs.js

user_pref("browser.newtabpage.pinned", "[{\"url\":\"hxxps://www.facebook.com/\",\"title\":\"Facebook\"},{\"url\":\"hxxps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=Torchwood
Emptied folder: C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\jsj7xfl4.default\minidumps [27 files]

~~~ Chrome

Successfully deleted: [Folder] C:\Users\Dad\appdata\local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\hfimfliilbabfohebppnfomgjljicpdm
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Google\Chrome\Extensions\hfimfliilbabfohebppnfomgjljicpdm

~~~ Event Viewer Logs were cleared

Scan was completed on Sat 06/29/2013 at  2:09:37.60
End of JRT log

# AdwCleaner v2.303 - Logfile created 06/29/2013 at 02:18:43
# Updated 08/06/2013 by Xplode
# Operating system : Windows Vista ™ Home Premium Service Pack 2 (32 bits)
# User : Dad - DAD-PC
# Boot Mode : Normal
# Running from : C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\6MRJ5P7B\adwcleaner.exe
# Option [Delete]

***** [Services] *****

***** [Files / Folders] *****

File Deleted : C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxp_search.conduit.com_0.localstorage
File Deleted : C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxp_search.conduit.com_0.localstorage-journal
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\APN
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Local\APN
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Local\PackageAware

***** [Registry] *****

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Imesh
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{A5AA24EA-11B8-4113-95AE-9ED71DEAF12A}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Management\ARPCache\{86D4B82A-ABED-442A-BE86-96357B70F4FE}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{DF7770F7-832F-4BDF-B144-100EDDD0C3AE}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\EscDomains\grusskartencenter.com
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\YahooPartnerToolbar
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\{9B0CB95C-933A-4B8C-B6D4-EDCD19A43874}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\DefaultTabBHO.DLL
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{3C471948-F874-49F5-B338-4F214A2EE0B1}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{80922EE0-8A76-46AE-95D5-BD3C3FE0708D}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\DefaultTabBHO.DefaultTabBrowser
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\DefaultTabBHO.DefaultTabBrowser.1
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\DefaultTabBHO.DefaultTabBrowserActiveX
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\DefaultTabBHO.DefaultTabBrowserActiveX.1
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\InstallIQ
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{A5AA24EA-11B8-4113-95AE-9ED71DEAF12A}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UpgradeCodes\F928123A039649549966D4C29D35B1C9
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\063A857434EDED11A893800002C0A966
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\2BDF3E992C0908741B7C11F4B4E0F775
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\6B3BC4CF5ECE1F54BBA174C13A1AB907
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\B5BAE2ED018083A4C8DA86D6E3F4B024
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\BEABAA33A5E68374DBF197F2A00CD011
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\CB61AF52AD64B6B45930BE969F316720
Value Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks [{9B138BF3-1D40-4E7E-84BB-2975198AD938}]

***** [Internet Browsers] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v9.0.8112.16490

[OK] Registry is clean.

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v21.0 (en-US)

File : C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\jsj7xfl4.default\prefs.js

Deleted : user_pref("browser.newtabpage.pinned", "[{\"url\":\"hxxps://www.facebook.com/\",\"title\":\"Facebook[...]

-\\ Google Chrome v27.0.1453.116

File : C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences

Deleted [l.2995] : homepage = "hxxp://search.conduit.com/?CUI=UN26234929799325218&ctid=CT2612669&SearchSource=48",

AdwCleaner[S2].txt - [1028 octets] - [16/01/2013 08:43:26]
AdwCleaner[S3].txt - [4135 octets] - [29/06/2013 02:18:43]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner[S3].txt - [4195 octets] ##########

#10 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

Any word on how the machine is running??

Can I see a new minitoolbx log as well please. 

Also see this link.

http://mitchribar.com/2013/02/how-to-stop-youtube-sucking-windows-guide/

You might also consider doing a clean install of Adobe Flash player as well.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4041846

Edited by InadequateInfirmity, 29 June 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#11 Mike_K

Mike_K
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

Still freezes up. The computer is running faster and all but it still freezes up. In fact it just froze up trying to log in to this site.

Minitoolbox log

http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1372526111

I'll give your other links a try.

Mike

#12 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

Hit the windows key and type cmd in the run box then right click on cmd.exe and select run as admin.
Type CHKDSK /R from within the elevated Command Prompt. .
Hit Enter.
When it tells you it can't do it right now - and asks you if you'd like to do it at the next reboot - answer Y (for Yes) and press Enter.
Then reboot and let the test run. It may take a while for it to run, but keep an occasional eye on it to see if it generates any errors.

Set your dns to google dns or Open Dns with this tool.

http://www.sordum.org/dns_jumper/downloads.php

You will need the latest Java for the next part your java is outdated see link below for the latest copy.

http://java.com/en/

Also clean your Nvidia Display driver with driver sweeper.

http://www.guru3d.com/files_get/guru3d_driver_sweeper_(no_installer),7.html

Reboot the machine and then get the latest Nvidia driver from here.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx

Test your youtube videos.

#13 Mike_K

Mike_K
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

So far so good. Thanks. I'll let you know if the problem reoccurs.

Mike

#14 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

Good news you now owe me a dollar  :grinner:

No just joking glad to hear have a good weekend. 

#15 Mike_K

Mike_K
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

Well, that didn't last long. Youtube is OK but it froze reading e-mail and twice playing games. Do you think in might be a hardware problem? The computer is 7 years old.

Thanks for all of your help. I'm done messing around. I'm going to try a factory reset or whatever it is called. If that doesn't work maybe it's time for a new machine.

Thanks again

Mike

Oh, if you stop by your dollar is on the table.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users