Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to send outgoing mail/Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DeadheadChemistry

DeadheadChemistry

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

I desperately need some help with my Outlook Express 6.  I'm running Windows XP on this computer and am having trouble sending outgoing messages.

At first when I tried to send a message I would get a pop-up saying "Logon: Please enter your username and password for the following server."  I've had no problems with this in the past and my username and password are already entered and saved, but when I click 'Ok' it just pops back up, click it again, pops back up, same thing over and over.

I've tried a ton of different troubleshooting suggestions I found all over the internet, but they all just run me in a circle of changing port numbers, checking and un-checking boxes about SSL, and more.  I fix one problem and then suddenly I'm getting an error message about not being able to send the message because of my username.  I fix that and next it's giving me some other error message about the server that I fix only to get a new error message to fix and eventually be brought back to the start: With the Logon pop-up screen asking for my username and password, but not accepting them. 

I know for a fact that the password is correct because I used two seperate tools to crack the password for me just to be sure.  The username is exactly as listed as well.

I'm completely lost at this point.  I've done all the simple things you would do when you have a problem like this including restarting the computer and resetting my DSL modem. All to no avail.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

I desperately need some help with my Outlook Express 6.  I'm running Windows XP on this computer and am having trouble sending outgoing messages.

At first when I tried to send a message I would get a pop-up saying "Logon: Please enter your username and password for the following server."  I've had no problems with this in the past and my username and password are already entered and saved, but when I click 'Ok' it just pops back up, click it again, pops back up, same thing over and over.

I've tried a ton of different troubleshooting suggestions I found all over the internet, but they all just run me in a circle of changing port numbers, checking and un-checking boxes about SSL, and more.  I fix one problem and then suddenly I'm getting an error message about not being able to send the message because of my username.  I fix that and next it's giving me some other error message about the server that I fix only to get a new error message to fix and eventually be brought back to the start: With the Logon pop-up screen asking for my username and password, but not accepting them. 

I know for a fact that the password is correct because I used two seperate tools to crack the password for me just to be sure.  The username is exactly as listed as well.

I'm completely lost at this point.  I've done all the simple things you would do when you have a problem like this including restarting the computer and resetting my DSL modem. All to no avail.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You might check with your email provider. It is possible that their email servers are being a bit flaky.

The other option is just to wait and see if it gets better "on its own", so to speak.

I say this because every once in a blue moon I encounter a similar thing with one of my email accounts. When it happens, if I wait a few hours (maybe a day or so at most), it usually clears up on its own. So, I have always assumed it is some issue with the email provider's email servers and the fixed it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users