Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death bad_system_config_info

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 export12

export12

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

hey, i need help, have this BSOD with the bad_system_config_info heading, it says there some software or hardware issues, i havent added any hardware( i have no clue how to) and i suspect this has something to do when i had a power failure in the middle of windows installing something(it didnt say, it installed something right before the windows shut down)

i have tried going to safe mode and figuring something out, as well as choosing the last known good configuration but i still get the BSOD, i need some help please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

Hi

Do you have a desktop or a laptop ?. Please post the make and model of your system or the full spec in case of a custom built PC. 

If you have either Windows installation disk or system repair disk in hand, try a startup repair first. Read the instructions in the below link for more detailed step by step instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/668-system-recovery-options.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/681-startup-repair.html

#3 export12

export12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

hey anshad

thank you for helping me, my computer is an all-in-one pc, HP Touchsmart300, i have read your instructions and unfortunately i have neither the windows installation disk or system repair disk in hand

#4 export12

export12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

hey again anshad

i made a system repair disc per your advice however i had a little problem with it being read, so i popped out the old cd/dvd drive and replaced it with a new one and it worked.

i got this unexpected report from the computer after i got in:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode:    74
  BCP1:    0000000000000002
  BCP2:    FFFFF88003031B20
  BCP3:    0000000000000002
  BCP4:    FFFFFFFFC000014C
  OS Version:    6_1_7601
  Service Pack:    1_0
  Product:    768_1

there are files that describe the problem located in the temp and minidump folders but my pc was unable to open it to c&p it here anyways

thanks for the advice :bananas:

Edited by export12, 27 June 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#5 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

Hi

So after running startup repair you are able to boot in to the desktop. How the system works now ?

#6 export12

export12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:28 AM

it was slow to load programs and apps the first time i booted into the pc however i feel it has stabilize since then, i am able to shut down and boot up repeatedly without a problem now

#7 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:08 AM

Hi

Since you experienced multiple blue screens and improper shutdowns due to that, it will be good to check the file system integrity with check disk.

- Open an elevated command prompt.

1218d1239716938t-elevated-command-prompt

- Enter CHKDSK C: /R in the command window. You will be asked for permission to schedule a disk check check on next reboot. Press Y to confirm and restart the system to begin the disk check. It may take a while to complete the disk check depending on the size of OS drive.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 28 June 2013 - 09:11 AM.

#8 export12

export12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

i did as you asked with the command prompt, it stated the drive cant be locked or whatever and next diskcheck can be scheduled on the next boot, so i press Y, it restarted but for some reason, when i thought it would do a disk check as i saw black background with numbers and letters, that event only took less than a second before it went to the login screen, i'm not sure what happened, thats either the fastest disk check or it failed

Edited by export12, 28 June 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#9 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

Hi

Did you pressed any key when you saw the black screen ? . Generally, there will be a 10 second gap to start check disk. If you press a key on the keyboard (whether intentionally or not ) , check disk will be instantly cancelled.

windows7chkdsk.jpg

#10 export12

export12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

i think i unintentionally skipped it as i ran it again and it worked the 2nd time, its done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users