Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Audio Endpoint Builder Service not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rmiller70015

rmiller70015

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

I have a problem with my sound, I used to be able to hear, but not able to use a microphone, but now I can't even hear sound.

I have a PC with vista home edition (32-bit), its a Dell Dimension E521 computer and when I go to services.msc and try to start Windows Audio Endpoint Builder, I get an error 0x80070002: The system cannot find the file specified.

After google searching solutions I've tried to run sfc with the /scannow switch, I've seen that windows power needs to be enabled in windows 7 (don't think this service exists in windows vista) and that I should try to disable the sigmatel service, but I cannot find either of these services in the service log and am at a loss of what to do.  I cannot re-install because I no longer have the disks from the manufacturer, and I can't do a restore point, because apparently I have none (not my computer originally so I forgot to check and see if it was turned on), but I hear that a restore point won't do any good for this issue anyway.

If anyone has any suggestions on what I can do, I'd greatly appreciate the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RajathAtDell

RajathAtDell

Authorized Dell Representative

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

Hi rmiller70015,

I appreciate your efforts to fix this issue and suggest you to run the Microsoft Fixit that automatically fixes common sound problems by visiting the following link:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Tips-for-fixing-common-sound-problems

You will need to re-install the audio drivers, if the Fixit fails to fix this issue. The drivers can be downloaded from the following link by selecting the Operating System from the drop down menu:
http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/Product/dimension-e521

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajath N
#iworkfordell

#3 rmiller70015

rmiller70015
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

I've tried using fixit, didn't fix the problem.

#4 RajathAtDell

RajathAtDell

Authorized Dell Representative

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

Hi rmiller70015,

Thank you for providing an update on the status.

Please update the audio drivers from the second link for the soundcard, that is configured on your computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajath N
#iworkfordell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users