Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Staret Menu Items

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blocka

blocka

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:54 AM

Hi , have noticed that there are no items appearing in the start menu.  I have gone to the Task & Start Menu Properties and have selected Start Menu. The option "store and display recently programs in the start menu and taskbar' is greyed  out and therefore  cannot be highlighted. However the item below is not greyed out and is ticked but this refers to 'recently opened ITEMS'. Can any body help please as i use start menu list often. Thanks. Blocka

Edited by blocka, 27 June 2013 - 07:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

http://www.wintuts.com/How-to-configure-the-Taskbar-and-the-Start-Menu

Edited by ranchhand_, 27 June 2013 - 08:31 AM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

Try resetting the default settings for the Start menu.

Right click on the Start orb startorb_zps06e1f985.png> click on Properties.

This will open the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties. By default the Start Menu tab is opened.

In the image below you will see How do I change the way the Start menu looks? outlined in red, click on it.

startmenu_zpsd2db10a8.png

Windows Help and Support will open, below the image of the Start menu there is a list of options, click on To restore Start menu default settings and follow the instructions.

startmenu3_zpsb1b2887b.png

Edited by dc3, 27 June 2013 - 09:46 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users