Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovery Partition

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:46 AM

Hi all,I recently bought a Asus tower with windows 8 installed.When I go into my computer I see C and D drives listed.When I open up defrag I see 3 partitions,C drive,recovery image and windows RE tools.

When I go into disk management I see 4 partitions,C,2 recovery partitions and a EFI system partition.

I am sure the recovery partition is for restoring the OS but how do I use it.I can't seem to find anything in my programs pertaining to this.Does anyone have an idea,Tony. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SteveinCyprus

SteveinCyprus

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

Hi Tony

I have gleaned this from the ASUS website:

1. Place your mouse in the top or lower-right corner of your display, or press Windows+C shortcut. The Charms will appear. Click Settings Charm.
  2. Click "Change PC settins" at the bottom of your display.
  3. On the left side menu, click "General."
  4. Scroll down on the right side, and click "Get started" button underneath "Remove everything and reinstall Windows."

Good luck - let me know how you get on.

Steve

#3 Plumber

Plumber
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

Thank-you for the reply,tried it and found it ok.I didn't do it of course but need it for future reference.That should work ok if I can boot.

I also created a system image and a repair disk.Thanx again for your help,Tony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users