Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connection/Ping Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 booombie

booombie

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499190/windows-7-ping-spikes/ - Hamluis.

LOL. I actually registered and am seeking help for the exact same problem and for Counter Strike:GO as well. I have ran Malwarebytes, Spybot and SUPERAntiSpyWare several times. Cleaned up old programs, defragged and had the cable tech check my connection. As with Hamadk96 the lag doesn't seem to affect any other program connectivity and mine started around the beginning of May. I have not installed any new software other than games purchased thru Steam. Counter Strike:GO ran fine until said period and I have had lag spikes that vary in severity since.

My brother recommended combofix. I have ran it and have a log. I have not acted upon any information provided as I am not going to pretend like I know what I am looking at.

Please help me as well and thank you for your time,

Brian Kerr

Edited by hamluis, 27 June 2013 - 03:55 AM.
PM sent new OP, moved from Win 7 to Networking - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:51 AM

ComboFix is a tool used to attempt to deal with malware situations.  It is not a troubleshooting tool to be used for system or hardware problems.

If you believe that you have a malware problem...follow Steps 6-8 of the Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html and post your ComboFix log within the new topic that you originate within the forum reflecting the Prep Guide.

Once that is done, this topic will be closed.

Louis

#3 booombie

booombie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:30 AM

I have done as asked here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499479/usb-loss-firefox-freezing-in-game-ping-spikeslag/?p=3090302

Please let me know if this is correct and thank you again for your time and assistance,

Brian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users