Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All in One PC Won't Boot to Windows

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 freebirdnflorida

freebirdnflorida

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

Attached File  HP_Omni_220-1125_Desktop_PC.jpg   13.02KB   1 downloads

I came home to a black screen.  I know it was running because I could hear the fan.  I manage to get it to shut down by holding the button in, After turning it back on I could hear it but noticed the blue LED light on front was not on and it wasn't making all the bumpity sounds of booting up.  I then turned it off and checked all the cables and connections.  Turned it on and viola got the blue light and windows logo for about 5 seconds then a cursor in the top left corner flashed a few times and back to a black screen,  Still no sound of booting just the fan I'm assuming.  Turned it off and back on.  No blue light and black screen but I still hear the fan at least and feel the vibration of it running.  I did open up the back and took the memory out to blow out the dust but still nothing.  I also made a boot disk with another computer and heard the cd trying to read it when turned on in the problem computer but same results. Any Ideas?  Have  no error codes to give.  Only a black screen.  Blue LED light on front still not on but the cd light is on and I can open the cd..  Really need your help.  Don't want to call the Geek Squad. Thanks  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

System manufacturer and model?

Did you consult the system manufacturer's support page for that system?

Louis

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

attachicon.gifHP_Omni_220-1125_Desktop_PC.jpg
 I came home to a black screen.  I know it was running because I could hear the fan.  I manage to get it to shut down by holding the button in, After turning it back on I could hear it but noticed the blue LED light on front was not on and it wasn't making all the bumpity sounds of booting up.  I then turned it off and checked all the cables and connections.  Turned it on and viola got the blue light and windows logo for about 5 seconds then a cursor in the top left corner flashed a few times and back to a black screen,  Still no sound of booting just the fan I'm assuming.  Turned it off and back on.  No blue light and black screen but I still hear the fan at least and feel the vibration of it running.  I did open up the back and took the memory out to blow out the dust but still nothing.  I also made a boot disk with another computer and heard the cd trying to read it when turned on in the problem computer but same results. Any Ideas?  Have  no error codes to give.  Only a black screen.  Blue LED light on front still not on but the cd light is on and I can open the cd..  Really need your help.  Don't want to call the Geek Squad. Thanks  

Does that computer have a video out port that you could use to try an external monitor? If so, then I would try it with an external monitor. This could help determine is there something wrong with the built in screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users