Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Apparent Nvidia problem with IE 10

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 byteguy

byteguy

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

I have a computer that works just fine with the exception of Internet Explorer which starts up and then errors out.  FYI, Chrome and Firefox work just fine.

The event viewer provides this message:

Faulting application name: IEXPLORE.EXE, version: 10.0.9200.16611, time stamp: 0x5191e7aa
Faulting module name: nvdxgiwrap.dll, version: 8.17.12.5897, time stamp: 0x4c3a4ecc
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000261a
Faulting process id: 0x1474
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce71f0965b5a90
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\CoProcManager\nvdxgiwrap.dll

I've gone on Toshiba's site and updated the video drivers to no avail. Still errors out.

System is:

Toshiba E205-S1980
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
4 GB RAM

Also--scanned for viruses.

Checked sytem registry for errors with Registry Mechanic (my old standby).

Any ideas?

I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:42 AM

sounds like a driver error really... Have you tried updating drivers directly from nvidia? or rolling back drivers to a previous version? or installed the last security supported version of IE, that might do it (likely fix).

No need to use IE though... IMHO, unless you have a specific form that won't work with FF or Chrome. The government like to do that for some reason, make IE only forms.

#3 L3DMaN

L3DMaN

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

please uninstall IE 10 doesn't work correctly on windows 7

Also I recommend Chrome 

#4 byteguy

byteguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

Well, can't uninstall IE 10--not listed in the programs installed or even as an update.  Have any suggestions on how to do that?

FYI, I told the client to use Firefox or Chrome.  They actually work.  I can see no reason why she must use IE.  Just annoys me that it keeps shutting down.

As for driver updates, I can try the one directly from Nvidia and will do that next time I speak with her.

In response to TsVk!, it is a sign of lazy programing to fail to try your apps in more than just IE, IMHO. 

I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie10-windows_7/internet-explorer-problme/832d0792-c9b4-43e0-b81f-210737b418e7

I'd try resetting the browser first...if no joy, then reinstalling IE10 since yours may be damaged.

Louis

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

Well, can't uninstall IE 10--not listed in the programs installed or even as an update.  Have any suggestions on how to do that?

In response to TsVk!, it is a sign of lazy programing to fail to try your apps in more than just IE, IMHO. 

to remove... Start>control panel>uninstall a program>turn windows features on/off....

Hahhah... well it doesn't surprise me to find government departments lazy. Public servants are generally underloved. :crazy:

Hamilus is right though, resetting the browser could do it too...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users