Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Saying Hello

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sukma

sukma

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

Just want to say hello, and to hope that maybe someone here can help me.

My computer has got stuck and won't go. The problem seems to be similar to one I have read about in one of your forums, so I'll go over there and post the details.

Maybe that's enough for just now here.

Thanks!

Sukma

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zestypanda

Zestypanda

• Members
  • 603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

Hello! I'm zestypanda and I'm one of the helpful guides here. ~Zestypanda.
Now, when you say it's stuck and won't go, does that mean its frozen and won't respond? Or stuck and won't power on?

Have a question, or just wanna chat? Send me a message. Or add me as a friend.

#3 sukma

sukma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

Hi zestypanda,

The problem is that it just goes into Startup Repair and tries to find the problem, but fails.

I've then got the choice of restart or just shutting the coputer down. If I restart, then the whole thing happens again - no progress.

I've been reading this on your website:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487459/virus-that-caused-windows-7-64bit-startup-repair-loop-2/

My problem seems similar.

But, before I go ahead I should point out that the computer belongs to my teenager and he is now saying that actually there's not much stuff on it. All the important stuff - his school work, music, photos etc are on a memory stick. The computer just has the usual programs plus loads of games and gizmos that teeengers like, all of which could be downloaded again or maybe not - if they are no longer trendy!

So it may be that I will just use the blunt option and simply re-install the whole Wndows 7 from the DVDs that I made when computer was new.

So for the time being I won't be seeking your help. But I'll certainly get back to you and your website if things go wrong.

Many thanks,

Sukma

#4 Zestypanda

Zestypanda

• Members
  • 603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:36 PM

Ok, thank you. If you need anymore help just ask.

Have a question, or just wanna chat? Send me a message. Or add me as a friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users