Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel worksheet page length

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Buckmode

Buckmode

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

I have 2 Excel files that I create for my company, a list of items we sell, one with prices and one without.  I use 2 columns on a page for both of them.  Other than the prices, they are exactly the same.  However, when I print them out, the one with prices breaks one row lower than the other, even though the margins, row height, and other page setup settings are exactly the same, as well as the printer.  I would like to make them the same, as it makes it easier to copy and paste new data between them.  Any help would be most appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

A suggestion for a quick and dirty fix !  You say it is the list with the prices that is breaking one row lower. Go into 'Print preview' and 'Setup . . .' and increase the bottom margin very slightly, say by 0.1 cm. this should make it break a row earlier to match the other.

Apart from the elegance aspect, does it make a difference that it is the printed version that is showing this behaviour ?  Surely, any copying and pasting you are doing is done on screen and you imply that any misalignment is only showing up in the printed version.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

Select "Page Break Preview" from the View and you can adjust the page breaks to wherever you like.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 Buckmode

Buckmode
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

Thanks to both of you for the input.  I played around with the margin settings, and increasing them fractionally did the trick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users