Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WiFi connection requires repair at each reboot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 turbine_guy

turbine_guy

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

It has become necessary to fix my WiFi connection each time I reboot Vista on my Dell Inspiron 1525.

1. First, I get a message that my Wi-Fi Catcher band configuration is not compaitble with the WLAN card band configuration. So I select YES to automatically change the band configuration.
  2. Next, I get a message that this is fixed.
  3. The final fix is to use the Diagnose and Repair function from the tray Wi-Fi icon. This fixes the problem until the next boot.
  • I tried to fix this by restoring to a restore point. The problem seemed to show up after an automatic update.
  • The restore did not fix the problem.

Anyone with an idea?

Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RajathAtDell

RajathAtDell

Authorized Dell Representative

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

Hi turbine_guy,

I suggest you to update the wireless drivers, BIOS to the latest version and check if that fixes the issue. You can download the latest drivers from the following link by selecting the Operating System (Windows Vista 32-bit):
http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/Product/inspiron-1525

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajath N
#iworkfordell

#3 turbine_guy

turbine_guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

Thank you. This solved the problem.

#4 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

BIOS to the latest version

For others who may come across this thread there is no need to update a bios for wireless issues..

If a bios update goes south then your machine will be useless........ 

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10things/10-common-mistakes-you-should-avoid-when-flashing-your-bios/357

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users