Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

latest window update has disabled my IE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wrando

wrando

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

When I turn off my computer the update automatically install the latest update. When I turn my computer back on Internet exploer won't work. I think this is the update.

Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems

Download size: 69.1 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

Internet Explorer 10 is fast and fluid, and lets your websites shine and perform just like native apps on your PC.
          Internet Explorer 10.  Fast and fluid for Windows 7.
          • Fast.  Internet Explorer 10 harnesses the untapped power of your PC, delivering pages full of vivid graphics, smoother video, and interactive content.
          • Easy.  Experience the web the way you want to with pinned sites, built-in Spellcheck, and seamless integration with your PC running Windows 7.
          • Safer.  Improved features like SmartScreen Filter and Tracking Protection let you be more aware of threats to your PC and your privacy.

More information:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=281969

Help and Support:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=281970

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

Some people have reported problems with IE 10 and Win 7, not many but definitely some. You seem to be one of them !

The simplest thing I can think of for you to do is to go into Windows Updater via Control Panel and click on 'Check for updates'. This will produce a list of updates waiting to be installed - there may only be IE 10. Untick the check box against its name, then right click on IE 10 and select 'Hide update'  in the drop down menu that appears. This will stop Windows trying to install it until you decide to try again.

If your version of IE 9 is still working, just carry on using that until you decide to give 10 another go. If it has got deleted or corrupted by the failed IE 10 install effort, you can download the installer from here :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-9/worldwide-languages

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users