Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't play anything without motherboard getting hot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

Hi I'm having some issues with my laptop, every-time I go to play a game the motherboard gets really hot like around 80-85 degrees Celsius, even flash games cause it to hit that temperature, whats wrong with my system?

Edit: I'm running a dell insprion 1545 with a Intel Pentium T4400 @ 2.20GHz   
Penryn 45nm Technology CPU and two

Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1) (Dell)

The motherboard is a Dell Inc. 0G848F (Microprocessor)

Edited by GLaDOS, 26 June 2013 - 10:41 AM.

Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

How old is this system?

Dell laptops have issues with heating, they tend to get absurdly hot with minimal amounts of dust in the system (some have even caught fire in the past)

Chances are you just need a good cleaning.

#3 Allen

Allen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

its from 2009

Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#4 RajathAtDell

RajathAtDell

Authorized Dell Representative

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

Hi GLaDOS,

I suggest you to clean the air vents with a can of compressed air to remove dust accumalated which can block air flow. You may also update the video drivers and BIOS to the latest version. The files can be download from the following link:
http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/Product/inspiron-1545

Thanks and Regards,
Rajath N
#iworkfordell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users