Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

McAfee blocked running of Broswer Manager/Adware-Bprotect

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 d.w

d.w

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

type in your start search area   ,,,,,,,     add remove programs  look through there for any toolbars that do not belong that where installed today or yest uninstall and reboot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 grlfri

grlfri

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

Followed Yakeline's suggestion and I am problem free.  Since I was forced to work with the constant pop up, this is a BIG relief!

Thanks forum!

#18 natlep

natlep

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

Bonjour,

J'ai un véritable souci depuis qqs jours avec une fenêtre d'alerte de Mcafee qui s'ouvre toutes les minutes et qui me signale qu'un "programme potentiellement indésirable bloqué" est à supprimer..Je le supprime et il revient sans cesse...

Dois-je désinstaller Mcafee? Le CCleaner n'est pas efficace, la version est trop ancienne, je pense..

Merci de vos réponses

#19 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,771 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

Bonjour,

desolee pour le retard, on est tres peu de personnes a parler francais ici. McAfee te dis quel programme il a bloque?

myrti(lle)

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#20 natlep

natlep

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:28 AM

Bonjour,

J'ai réussi à mettre le programme en quarantaine, c'est Adware-Bprotect. J'espère qu'il ne reviendra pas...

#21 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,771 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:36 AM

Salut,

si jamais bProtect revient je suggere de telecharger [url=http://general-changelog-team.fr/images/jdownloads/downloadimages/bouton-telecharger.png[/AdwCleaner et de le lancer. C'est un outil qui supprime tous les toolbars et adware indesires.
Dans un premier instant ne faire que la rechercher et de poster le resultat obtenu ici.

myrtille

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#22 smitchak

smitchak

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

My friend's son has Mcafee on his Alienware and kept getting the blocker pop-up for the BProtect PUP. McAfee posted removal tools for a couple days, which are gone now, and the tools did not remove anything. (In fact- they failed to detect his registered McAfee software!) We tried removal using ccCleaner - no change. Tried Malwarebytes, which didn't find anything, and Spybot Search & Destroy, which didn't resolve it either. We were going to resort to Combofix - got all the reinstall disks ordered and ready in case of trouble, and then we remembered it's a 64-bit computer, so no Combofix. We looked at our other download options, and decided to give AdwCleaner a try and Voila - it seems to have worked. It's been 3 days, and no pop-ups. Heading over to make a Paypal donation now to say thanks to the developer. Thanks Bleeping Computer, for being a great resource for home users like us.

SusanMinAK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users