Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Damaged Hardware?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dannytran1191

dannytran1191

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

I have an hp g56-122us laptop. The problems started a month ago after I took apart my laptop to see if I could put a new sound card in there. I handled the parts pretty roughly, especially the motherboard. After that, every time I turned on my laptop, the power was on, but the screen was completely black. I always had to wait 10 minutes to force the laptop off, then turn it on again. Then, it would boot normally, but the screen flickered and sometimes, the laptop would shut down when I did CPU intensive tasks. I did a chkdsk /r and a Windows Memory Diagnostic, but both showed that my hardware had no problems. I saw a BSoD that said "Physical Memory Dump ...%" shortly after. Now, the laptop  powers on, but the screen stays completely black. My old trick doesn't work anymore. Only the light on my Caps Lock key repeatedly blinks white. The lights  on the touch pad and the WLAN key are off which shows that the drivers can't load. I've tried inserting a bootable cd into the optical drive, but it can't boot from there either. I've dismantled the laptop again to make sure I put everything back EXACTLY the way it stated in the manual, but no luck.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eat_Babies

Eat_Babies

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:00 AM

You can try the NO POST procedure by using a different memory stick, then disconnect all peripherals down to bare minimum (CPU, Power, Video, RAM) if it doesn't work try another CPU, if still no luck then it is a Motherboard issue.

#3 saraomran

saraomran

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

I like the suggestion given by Eat_Babies. I think you should give it a try, it should definitely work. Otherwise you can contact a professional

#4 cee134

cee134

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

Make sure you use proper ESD procedures so that if you haven't already shorted out your computer, that you won't add to the problem you are having. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users