Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VB Runtime error 76

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 looney2340

looney2340

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

Hi All,

Question i made a small program for a friend on my laptop at home and made the .exe to run off a flash drive. Now question is i made the exe file put on the flash drive and it runs fine on my computer but when i tested on another computer i get runtime error 76 path not found.  I think its because  the files are on my computer and pointed to the folder on my desktop but when the exe file is compiled and ran on another computer the path to the files are incorrect causing the error.

Can someone let me know if this is correct and if so how do i correct so i can compile run on any computer without errors ? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

That could be any number of causes. Your code, VB runtime code, etc.

Are you sure the new machine has all the prerequisites? (E.g. if you're using VB6, you need the VB runtime, if you're using VB.NET, you need the correct .NET Framework version, etc.)

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#3 looney2340

looney2340
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

Hi thanks for the reply internet was down just got it back up.  I made the program with VB6 yes, how do i check if the computer i want to use has what it needs ?  And what do i need to look for exactly.  Thanks for  your help

#4 ident

ident

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

Can i nit pick at billy with out causing offense. VB.Net was only given the .Net prefix to distinguish classic VB from Visual Basic. VB.NET is considered the default for VB development. So when talking bout VB it's simply Visual basic. This has been the case since 2005. Classic VB is the One that needs to be distinguish.

Edited by ident, 05 July 2013 - 06:17 PM.

#5 looney2340

looney2340
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

I corrected the issue myself.  I was correct all i had to do was change the path to point the the correct folders on second computer and program ran well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users