Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ultimate Boot CD

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Phxpcman

Phxpcman

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

Does anyone know how I can download and make a bootable copy of the UBCD? All the info I see on youtube is 3 or 4 years old, and seems to require a Win XP OS disk to make it.

I want to make a copy of it for myself to use.

I ruined a cd already today trying...

Can anyone tell me where to find out step by step (I'm rather new at this) how to do it?

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

See post 3
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/464074/xp-setup-not-reading-the-drive/?hl=ubcd#entry2795289
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Phxpcman

Phxpcman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

Thank you.

It's a bit complicated (to me), but I think I can navigate it.

I just downloaded ImgBurn.

When I get some more CDs, I'll try making the disk.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,394 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

Ultimate Boot CD FAQs
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 Phxpcman

Phxpcman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

Insanity and beyond,

Thank you  for your reply, but I have spent my whole afternoon in utter frustration, trying to follow those instructions, and to no avail.

I have searched youtube, and found no instructions that work.

I have downloaded the UBCD4Win (after much trial and error). I have it in my documents on my PC. I open up Imgburn, and select "Write image file to disc".

I select the icon to browse for a file, and then I can see my documents.

In my documents, I can see UBCD4Win.

I select it, but it doesn't get selected.

Instead, it just opens up to a series of sub folders. Then each of those folders opens up to more folders. I have sat for literally hours trying to figure out HOW TO SELECT UBCD4WIN !

Help, please? What in the world am I doing wrong? I have spent days trying to figure out something that I know should take about 10 minutes...I am so frustrated...

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,190 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

CDid you also look at the third question in quietman7's link?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 Phxpcman

Phxpcman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

CDid you also look at the third question in quietman7's link?

Yes, I did. But I have been using Imgburn.

However, I just looked again, and decided to give something else a try (though I don't see why Imgburn would not work just fine). So, I clicked on the first one, Nero express 5.

I cannot find anywhere on the internet to download it for free. It's all advertisements and diversions.

Do you have a link I can use to download Nero?

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,190 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

Let me ask as 5 won't work anyway ..you need a 64 bit tool.

Look here too

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

Edited by boopme, 02 July 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#9 Phxpcman

Phxpcman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

I JUST DON'T GET IT!

1) I have downloaded UBCD4WIN on my pc.

2) I have downloaded both Imgburn, and Nero.

3) When I try either one, I open it up, and select the proper choices (according to tutorials)...

and then I go to select UBCD4WIN from my hard drive to copy, and instead of selecting it, it just opens up to subfolders! I cannot select them all, and if I go back and select it again, it just does the same thing!

I have tried compressing it, and that didn't work.

I have been trying to get this for days now...

How can I put this UBCD on a disk???????

Anyone? Please?

#10 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

1. Put blank disk in DVD drive.

2. Open up ImgBurn

3.Click on Write Image file to Disk *First option on the top column"

4.Up top where it says source "Please select a file..." Click on the icon right beside it with a folder and magnifying glass.

5.Find the UBCD.iso file that you downloaded and then choose open.

6.Click on the button that's right under the Destination which has a piece of paper with a disk in the middle then an arrow pointing to a disk.

7. Let it do it's thing and you'll be good to go.

Edited by chrisd87, 03 July 2013 - 03:55 PM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#11 Phxpcman

Phxpcman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

1. Put blank disk in DVD drive.

2. Open up ImgBurn

3.Click on Write Image file to Disk *First option on the top column"

4.Up top where it says source "Please select a file..." Click on the icon right beside it with a folder and magnifying glass.

5.Find the UBCD.iso file that you downloaded and then choose open.

6.Click on the button that's right under the Destination which has a piece of paper with a disk in the middle then an arrow pointing to a disk.

7. Let it do it's thing and you'll be good to go.

Thank you...I understand that, and I have tried that process over and over again...and when I try step (5), the file is supposed to be recognized by the Imgburn program so that I can proceed to step (6); but instead, it just opens up to more subfiles. The "open" button only opens up the folder to more and more subfiles. it does not transfer it to Imgburn. When I back up and try it again, the same thing happens...That is why it is not working.

Am I doing something wrong?

I have tried double clicking to open it, right clicking and selecting "open" and also right clicking and selecting "select".

NONE of those things is working. It just opens up the file to expose all the subfolders...

Edited by Phxpcman, 03 July 2013 - 04:18 PM.

#12 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,190 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

Hello, I think you may be confusing a UBCD with UBCD4WIN. You want a ready made UBCD4WIN ISO (which is illegal of course on this forum ) but the instructions you provided is to download and burn DOS based UBCD. I suspect you searched on the net and downloaded a UBCD4WIN builder package and unzipped it to the My documents folder. Then on the assumption that there is a ready made ISO is inside the extracted folder, You are trying to burn the non existing image with Imgburn

Sorry we cannot go further as tis is an illegal practice.

#13 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,190 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Not to infer you were intent on illegal activity. But these tools use MSFT files and that is not their property.

Microsoft will not give Grinler (this sites owner a clear explanation. But to protect himself and the site. Grinler has made the decision to not risk the using any tools that employ prepackaged Microsoft files unless they are from the persons own install disks. Regardless of the widespread use of these tools elsewhere.

This is discussed here.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/382841/recommending-isos-of-windows-recovery-discs-or-pre-made-isos-of-winpebartpe-discs-is-not-allowed/

#14 Phxpcman

Phxpcman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

I see.

Thank you for explaining that...

What a confusing and complex world we live in...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users