Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Background Theme for Google Homepage

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

The white background of Google Classic Homepage is efficient but boring and many users on the web have asked how to introduce a nice theme. I have surfed much in trying to get a background theme for my Google Homepage with no luck. iGoogle is easy, but Google Classic is being rigidly kept naked by the boffins at Googleplex, Mountain View, California. 

A number of fiddles exist, but if it needs fiddling, I don't want it. 

For a giggle, I have tried 
http://www.homeoogle.com/ and YES I can select as many themes as I wish. It looks very colourful now instead of a ghost. It seems to search OK, but the auto-help tab on Google does not function. I will try it for a while and if it does not grab me enough, go back to Google classic. No problem.

Just select any theme package and click as many themes as you like to see what they look like. All you do is click "
View Google Search Page" on the trial page and.a full view appears. Make it your Homepage, but you will have to adjust your browser Settings/Start Page. This is easy enough.

OK, it does not exactly have an authentic Google pedigree, more like a replica, but it works fine as most good replica`s do. It does have the Google logo as a search icon.
When you want to revert back to Google Classic, bring it up and make it your Homepage again.

Have fun - give it a go. I suppose I will go back to my faithful Google Classic Homepage, but the experience all adds to the rich pattern in life..

Here is one example from many :-

ax5gYK6.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aanaya

aanaya

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:48 AM

Thanks for sharing

#3 yabbadoo

yabbadoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

I have just spotted that IGoogle, which does allow lovely themes is to be discontinued on 1st November 2013.

The Heavenly gathering of the Google God`s of infinite wisdom and autonomy do give an explanation, but only being a lowly ignoramus myself and utterly unable to comprehend the language of spoken divinity in the context of consumer consideration,  I am in the unfortunate position of being totally illiterate on their explanation and just accept the loss as being inevitable.  You  could say like all exclusion clauses, it is  - "An act of Google".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users