Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 install freezes on Samsung Series 5 ultrabook

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chrislebaron

chrislebaron

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

I've got a Samsung NP530U4BL that the HDD went bad in, so I decided to replace it with an SSD. When selecting the drive to install Windows 7 on I didn't realize this laptop has a 16gb ExpressCache drive in it, was confused by the extra partitions showing up, deleted them, and aborted the windows install.

Since that time I haven't been able to get a Windows 7 install started. With a normal Windows 7 install disc it freezes when it gets to the "Starting Windows" screen with the windows logo, just after the "Windows is loading files" screen. With the Samsung recovery disk, it gets to the same point, but after a second the "Starting Windows" screen goes black, and freezes.

If anyone can shed some light on how to fix this it would be much appreciated!

Edited by hamluis, 26 June 2013 - 06:14 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zestypanda

Zestypanda

• Members
  • 603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

You should go to your bios, and configure your ssd to ahci.

See this guide on how to install to an ssd http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/seans-windows-7-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds

Have a question, or just wanna chat? Send me a message. Or add me as a friend.

#3 chrislebaron

chrislebaron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

Thanks for that, but no luck unfortunately.  I failed to mention that it won't work with a normal hard drive either... I had a 100gb seagate drive laying around, so I tried it, and it freezes at the same point.

#4 mahesh dornan

mahesh dornan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:02 AM

pls chek if the cd drive read's other cd such as .. driver cd.. do a diagnostic if possible wiith the driver cd..

if the driver cd works fine..on the computer. the we can asume that the cd/dvd drive is healthy.. there might be something wrong with the OS installion cd..

if you sure that the OS cd is good. try and do the ahci mode in the BIOS.. and then install the OS..

EVEN IF THIS DOEST WORK. THERE might be some thing wrong with the HARDWARE ON THE COMPUTER.. MOSTLY THE MOTHERBOARD(since u already replace the HDD)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users