Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

building a new device

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 abcdescott

abcdescott

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

Hi i have been wanting to build my own device for a while now, and i have finally decided to look into it and stuff, can somone help me to research, buy and build from scratch ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

By device do you mean computer?

What are you planning to use it for?

How many screens do you want?

How much money do you want to spend?

Where are you from?

#3 abcdescott

abcdescott
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:23 PM

Im from scotland, Glasgow if you want to be procice. I am basiclly wanting a self made tablit but the only thing i want to use it for is downloding things, I want it to have  like on bored memory enough to hold an oporating system (vista or xp)  and have an old phones touch screen and a wifi card installed into it to downlode anything, and for the battery i would use an old phones battery or i would buy an iphone battery or somthing like it. Then it would basiclly be a computer- touch screen, usb/ micro SD card slot wifi card thats all i need, and i would like to spend as little as possible. i have sevril desktops and laptops i can take componints out of. 

I dont mind doing all the work i need to eg programing building buying researching ect i am up for learning new skills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users