Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Me Please!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deathcabscutie

deathcabscutie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:31 PM

My computer is so screwed, any help would be great! First it won't connect to the internet. Then, the start button is there but won't do anything, and the task manager won't come up when i hit control+alt+del, everything goes away and a window comes up asking what i want to do like shut down, log off, task manager... so when i click task manager it goes back to the desktop complete with icons but the start menu is not there and the task manager never appears. I run ad-aware antivirus on my computer everyday, but it does no good. Please help! Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:29 PM

Do you know how to restore the registry to a time when all was working correctly?

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:49 PM

Restart the computer pressing F8 after the memory check. If your computer is fast, you have to be quick. This will take you to a boot menu. As the previous poster said, choose "Last Known Good Configuration."

If that doesn't work, you may be in for a re-install.

It's also possible that you have bad memory or some other hardware problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users