Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to remove "Internet Security Pro"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 justinrotherham

justinrotherham

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

I am having trouble removing "Internet Security Pro" from one of the user accounts on my computer.  The Administrator account does not seem to be affected.  The computer is running Windows 7 Proffesional.  Malwarebytes is already installed on the system.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

Hello, have you tried the procedure in our Guide here???

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-internet-security-2013
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 justinrotherham

justinrotherham
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

I have tried this procedure.  Do I need to be logged in as the user or the administrator for this to work?

#4 justinrotherham

justinrotherham
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

I ran through the procedure while logged into the user account.  Rkill ran properly, but TDSSkiller would not run.  I went ahead and ran Malewarebytes and was able to remove 47 infected objects.  After restarting, I noticed that the Internet Security Pro shortcut on the desktop had changed to a generic icon.  I made sure that the root file (Tdefender) had been removed (it had) and deleted the desktop shortcut.  I then ran Malewarebytes again.  After just a couple of minutes, "Internet Security Pro" had restarted.

I then ran through the entire procedure while logged into the administrator account.  This time Rkill and TDSSkiller ran completely and found nothing.  Malewarebytes ran and found 11 infected objects. I removed the infected objects and restarted as prompted.  Logged back into the administrator account and everything appears to be fine.  Logged into the user account and problem still exists.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

Sorry was called away. Try one more Time Rkill, Tdss and MBAM from Safe Mode with Networking.

Use FixTDSS instaed .. On both accounts.

Download the FixTDSS.exe

Save the file to your Windows desktop.
Close all running programs.
If you are running Windows XP, turn off System Restore. How to turn off or turn on Windows XP System Restore
Double-click the FixTDSS.exe file to start the removal tool.
Click Start to begin the process, and then allow the tool to run.
Restart the computer when prompted by the tool.
After the computer has started, the tool will inform you of the state of infection (make sure to let me know what it said)
If you are running Windows XP, re-enable System Restore
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users