Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wont boot & no video

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DAZZAROONEY

DAZZAROONEY

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

I have a Packard Bell tower with a MCP73VT-PM motherboard. It is about 4 years old

I turned it on this morning as normal. The fans started and I heard the HD click as normal for about 2 seconds, however, there is nothing showing on the monitor and the computer does not boot. There are no beeps.

I tried another monitor - still blank

Swapped the memory around - still nothing

Took the memory out altogether - Got a long beep (so I assume motherboard is ok)

Reseated connections - still nothing

I am suspecting the graphics side of the computer which is integrated. My question is this, if the graphics chip packed up, would the computer not boot? or would it still boot?

I'm trying to borrow a PCI card to test if the video has gone.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:13 AM

I have a Packard Bell tower with a MCP73VT-PM motherboard. It is about 4 years old

I turned it on this morning as normal. The fans started and I heard the HD click as normal for about 2 seconds, however, there is nothing showing on the monitor and the computer does not boot. There are no beeps.

I tried another monitor - still blank
Swapped the memory around - still nothing
Took the memory out altogether - Got a long beep (so I assume motherboard is ok)
Reseated connections - still nothing

I am suspecting the graphics side of the computer which is integrated. My question is this, if the graphics chip packed up, would the computer not boot? or would it still boot?

I'm trying to borrow a PCI card to test if the video has gone.

It does sound as if the onboard graphics bit the dust.

If that is the case, then you should be able to install PCIe graphics card and use it. You may need to go into the BIOS and disable the onboard graphics.

#3 DAZZAROONEY

DAZZAROONEY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:24 AM

Just to add. I sourced another processor. Fitted it and the computer still does exactly the same. Therefore I can rule that out. Will source another graphics card and try that.

Also while the PC is on, the processor is not getting warm.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

Well...since there seems little evidence of sufficient power...I think I'd put the PSU high on my list of things to check by substitution.

Louis

#5 Milek7_PL

Milek7_PL

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

I have a similar problem, but I do not use the integrated graphics card.

I tried swapping and removing RAM chips and remove external graphic card.

If I eject the memory out altogether get continuous beeping.

After a few minutes of swapping RAM chips, began to work (memtest sucessfuly check RAM), but after a next few minutes system crashed and the problem has returned.

Sorry for my English.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users