Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Remove RCMP UKash and Windows Security Center Malware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 little_nemo

little_nemo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:42 AM

Hi, I have having problems getting rid of this malware. :-(

RCMP Ukash screen appears whenever I start the system in normal mode, safe mode and safe mode with networking.  I also see icon for Windows Security Center icon in right hand corner but the malware doesn't not seem to be actively creating pop ups. Currently I am only able to use safe mode with command prompt.  Running explorer.exe in cmd loads the Ukash screen again. These problems began when I renewed Mcafee. I have Internet access on a netbook I'm using and am unable to access Internet from infected computer. 

What I've done: Ran Malwarebytes (with updates from yesterday), Spybot S&D, and McAfee in safe mode with command prompt.  Problems detected and fixed by these programs but Ukash screen still loads when starting up in normal mode and the other safe modes. Unable to turn on real-time scanning for McAfee.

Please, any help is greatly appreciated. I'm at my wits end! Thank you so much. m(_ _)m

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,680 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

I'll report this topic to appropriate helpers.

Hold on there....

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

Hello, little_nemo.
My name is etavares and I will be helping you with this log.

Here are some guidelines to ensure we are able to get your machine back under your control.

• Please do not run any unsupervised scans, fixes, etc.  We can work against each other and end up in a worse place.
  • Please subscribe to this topic if you have not already done so.  Please check back just in case, as the email system can fail at times.
  • Just because your machine is running better does not mean it is completely cleaned.  Please wait for the 'all clear' from me to say when we are done.
  • Please reply within 3 days to be fair to other people asking for help.
  • When in doubt, please stop and ask first.  There's no harm in asking questions!
  •  

Step 1

What version of WIndows is this?  It will impact the tools we need to use to regain control.

etavares

If I don't respond within 2 days, please feel free to PM me.
    Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

Posted Image
    Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#4 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
    • 15,514 posts
    •  

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

Hi,

Do you still need help?

-etavares

Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

Posted Image

#5 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
    • 15,514 posts
    •  

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:42 AM

Closing, looks like you're getting help here:

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/331197-cant-remove-rcmp-ukash-and-windows-security-center/

If that's not you and you need help, just send me a PM.  Thanks!

Posted Image

#6 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
    • 15,514 posts
    •  

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users