Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bookmark list and Password list - Chrome

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

I eventually got tired of accessing my Bookmarks and Password lists using the Google Control Icon>Bookmarks>Bookmark Manager and Google Control>Settings>Advanced Settings>Manage Saved Passwords. These I use quite often and I find the normal procedure disruptive, time  consuming and irritating.

I saved the Bookmarks list and Password list  as individual Bookmarks, changed the titles to something brief like BMK for Bookmarks and PASS for Passwords, then dragged them to my Bookmarks Toolbar.

All I need do now is to use a separate Tab from my working Tab and click on them as needed.

Whatever comes up on a new Tab does not interfere with my working Tab and is convenient as a multi-Tab reference. This facility cuts out the nuisance of going through the normal procedure and is very quick indeed.

If you have a Folder on the Bookmarks Toolbar, you can drag these items into that instead of having separate icons. I have a number of folders on my Bookmark Toolbar containing collective associated items including a miscellaneous folder named "MISC". I have used an individual place for my new Bookmarks icon for speed of access as I use this more often and have put the new Password Bookmark into my miscellaneous folder.

Please note :-

​The reason why this is so useful, is that when clicking the Bookmarks Toolbar far right hand ">>" the total list of Bookmarks is not shown - Google has placed almost all of them in folders, which is of little value as an instant reference. Using the new Bookmark Toolbar Icon as described, means that with a single click the entire Bookmarks list is shown, plus a Search box.

Edited by yabbadoo, 25 June 2013 - 01:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users