Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 will not start. Ntoskrnl error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tgsetliff

tgsetliff

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

I have a Dell laptop running Windows 7.  When I opened the laptop to use, Windows began to restart but it went to a Startup Recovery process. When the scan finished, it said that ntoskrnl was corrupted.  Internet search recommended that I boot from system recovery cd and copy the file from there but this does not work with Windows 7. Only options are to run Startup recovery or recover from last checkpoint (do not have one).

What can I do to recover this file?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RajathAtDell

RajathAtDell

Authorized Dell Representative

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

Hi tgsetliff,

You will have to fix this issue from Startup Recovery or from the last checkpoint and as this does not work from the system, you will need to repair Windows using the repair console from the installation disk.

Unfortunately, you will have to re-install Windows 7, if the repair from the installation disk fails.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajath N
#iworkfordell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users