Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blank screen with cursor after log in problem?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 folk11

folk11

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

For a while now, I've not been able to log in properly. After log in, everything seems to load but the desktop/ explorer.exe. To clarify, what I see is a black screen with my cursor, and I can hear stuff in the background load normally. I am still able to access task manager, and my weird temp solution so far has been to end explorer.exe under processes, and restart it under new task. Doing this loads the desktop up normally. But my problem persists every time I reboot. I would like help on a fix for this weird issue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

What happens if you start to boot in safemode? Have you tried creating a new account to check the difference?

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Download MiniToolBox and run the program. Select
List Last 10 Event Viewers, List Installed Programs and List Users, Partitions and Memory Size then click Go.
A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users