Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aventail VPN Client Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tombombodil

tombombodil

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

I work at a company that uses the Aventail VPN client all the time for workers to work from home or when traveling. Recently we have been getting this error cropping up "VPN connection failed. A server operation has exceeded it’s timeout value” when attempting to initiate a VPN connection to one of the companies Windows 7 Enterprise workstations.

Our Systems Administrator and Jr. Systems Administrator currently have no time to look into this and so it has fallen to me to research the problem. I scoured SonicWalls site, and have found a similar issue, but not like what we are experiencing it.

Has anyone seen this before? Anyone know the solution or a workaround or where to look for further information? Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:09 AM

Try to turn off the Encapsulated Security Payload and see what happens. This is happening because it's being timed out by EVPN. Most of the time a second attempt will work successfully. Also make sure that you have the service pack 1 installed on the workstation.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users