Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome won't load certain websites...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 guitarguy93

guitarguy93

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

So, I have a MIDI controller called a Novation Launchpad. I needed to update the drivers for it, but when I try to visit Novation's website (novationmusic.com), Google Chrome returns an error:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to us.novationmusic.com

I have tried restarting my router and modem. I've looked around on Google's User Forums and tried every action I could find on there with no luck. I've run spyware/adware scans and malware scans with nothing being shown. I tried deleting the cache and cookies, along with temp. internet files. Nothing works. I know this site isn't down because a friend accessed it on his computer at his house and sent me the proper file that I needed. Is it possible that the site is only down in my area? This friend of mine lives out-of-state, and I've tried this site at more than one location with no luck. Also, other people have tried it from my home internet connection and had the same error. My host file doesn't seem to be blocking anything, although I can't seem to edit it in any way, even though I'm on an admin. account on the laptop that I'm using. I also believe that all my drivers are up-to-date.

Help me out, anyone? This has happened with other sites recently, also, but I can't remember which ones.

Running: Inspiron 15R N5110

A/V: ESET Smart Security 5

P.S. - As some of you may know, I had to format my hard drive and reinstall Windows 8 due to a virus. I'm not entirely sure if this caused it, because I hadn't visited the site before the new OS, but I suppose it's possible that the formatting/reinstall caused it because of possible outdated drivers that I haven't noticed. I'm currently on Dell's website and I have System Detect running, so, I'll have the latest drivers shortly.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,396 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

Try changing your DNS server. See info in link.

Use OpenDNS

I've used OpenDNS for a few years now without any problem. I had a similar issue as you are having.

Changing DNS server solved my problem.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 guitarguy93

guitarguy93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

Nope. Didn't work. =/

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,396 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

It is possible that your ISP or your IP  has been black listed by that website.

I'm able to reach the website. So I know it is up and running.

Maybe your friend that sent you the driver can ask the site if you have been black listed.

The malware you had may have caused the black listing.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 guitarguy93

guitarguy93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

Why would two IPs get blacklisted, though? At the same time.

EDIT: I used a proxy to get on to their website and it appears that the problem is my IP being blacklisted, as I can access the site through a proxy. Is there any way to get "Un-blacklisted?"

Edited by guitarguy93, 24 June 2013 - 08:39 PM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,385 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

<<Is there any way to get "Un-blacklisted?">>

For starters, please read:

http://www.blacklist.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14

http://www.axigen.com/articles/what-to-do-if-you-are-blacklisted_23.html

Louis

#7 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

Does the same thing happen with other browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera)? If so, then you need to contact your ISP.

#8 guitarguy93

guitarguy93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

I'll definitely look into getting my IP changed from my ISP. Yes, the same thing does happen on all browsers I've tried.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users