Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

a new version of BrowerProtect.exe ???

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 XPSION

XPSION

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

Hi there, Since a week i seem to have a very irritating issue with my PC. I'm running WIN7 Ultimate 32 bit and used AVG virusscanner until it went out of service about 3 wks ago. I'm not so afraid of virus as it all comes down to beeing first in the startup sequence of the boot process but now I'm out of idea's. After startup of my PC in win7 everythng seems to un fine but: I can't run a lot of exe files (including systemtools regedit, msconfig, etc also not any downloaded virus scanner, adaware removal tools etc. Every time i get the notification: "Windows cannnot find : .... make sure you typed the name correctly and then type again" Furthermore i can't get my windows to start up in safeboot mode using F8, shift F8 or wany other key (in order to run the remocal tools). So i prepared a emergency startup USB through my EEEPC notebook booted it on my PC. Ok this of coarse worked but then... I jumped to the command prompt section to run: "BCDedit /net safeboot network" obviously to force my win7 into safeboot (ahha now i got the nasty bleep) ... but again nothing, BCDedit did not work, it returned an access error (but BCDEDIT works itself) I'm can't report the exact phrase because im now not behind the problem PC. One simple thing i did was checking out the process and there was browserprotect.exe: unable to stop it and unbale to de install it.... I know above is not enough detail (im at work at the moment) but does anybody know about browserprotect.exe blocking all exe files like i descriped above and a way to get arround this other then a format:*.* of my system partition .... So downloading a scanner or tool obviously does not solve the thing and the I-net is full of such 'stupid' advises... I was able to run the microsoft tool msert.exe from the USB WIN7 bOOT stick but it did not find anything and obviosuly can't clean. I can't enter the registry file via regedit, can't enter safe boot... ehmmm this is a nasty piece of code.. Anybody had the same experience ? (I can't restore back to a previous date because i removed the restore data..)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users