Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer crashed, unable to boot up.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 grimmiq

grimmiq

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:53 AM

About an hour ago, while playing a game (wasn't one that pushes my system hard), the TV I use as a monitor went to a blue no signal screen, while my computer seemed to keep running (could hear fans, lights stayed on).  I checked the HDMI cable connection, changed cables, and checked to see if the TV by itself would worked.

It's 3.5 years old now, so past the warranty date and I want to get some people's opinions on the issue before I pay to have a tech look at it. I'm not all that knowledgable when it comes to the hardware side, but I'll do my best to describe the situation.

While playing, screen went to no signal, fans/light continued to run/stay on.
Pressing reset button did nothing.
Holding power button did nothing.
The only way to turn off was to flip the switch on the power supply.

I've tried turning it back on half a dozen times, one time it managed to load windows, I went to event viewer to try and see if I could get any info, then it went to no signal again and had to switch off.

Every other time, I turn it on, the screen stays no signal while the fans run at a low speed.

I have 2 HD5850s, tried plugging the HDMI into the port on each one, no changes.

Does anyone have any advice as to what the problem could be and how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users