Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome will not print out full email

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BrainwasteUSA

BrainwasteUSA

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

When I try to print out a full email in Google Chrome I only get half of the email printing out. I only get one sheet of paper when the email is three pages long. I just see one page of the email in Print 

Preview, just half of the email or sometimes less. I was able to print out full emails with no trouble just 

two days ago but now I am stuck. Does anyone have a clue as to how to fix this?

Google Chrome 27.0.1453.116 m

Yahoo Basic Webmail

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit/SP1/All updates current

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:19 AM

Have you tried printing a message from another browser (i.e. Internet Explorer or Firefox) to see if it is any different? This might help us determine if it is some generic issue with Yahoo Mail or if it is related to a specific browser.

#3 BrainwasteUSA

BrainwasteUSA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

I could not print out full emails with either Internet Explorer or Firefox which is why I switched to Chrome.

But now Chrome suffers from the same trouble. This is why I believe that the trouble is browser based.

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

I could not print out full emails with either Internet Explorer or Firefox which is why I switched to Chrome.
But now Chrome suffers from the same trouble. This is why I believe that the trouble is browser based.

It is possible that Google made some update to Chrome that is creating the problem. Chrome auto-updates ever time you quit and then restart Chrome (this assumes there is an update for it).

Since I don't use Yahoo Mail (and don't really want to sign up for an email account with them even if it is free), I cannot really test things. Is there another computer you can try to see if things are any different?

#5 BrainwasteUSA

BrainwasteUSA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

Yes, I have access to another computer to try things out on. Also, what would you not sign up for a free email account with Yahoo?

What do you have against them?

#6 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

Yes, I have access to another computer to try things out on. Also, what would you not sign up for a free email account with Yahoo?
What do you have against them?

Nope, I don't have anything against Yahoo. I actually use a "My Yahoo" page as my home page, so I do have a Yahoo account. I do not, however, want a Yahoo email account. I have more than enough fun keeping up with the email accounts I already have. In addition, I HATE using a browser to get my mail...and since Yahoo Mail ONLY allows browser access unless you sign up for "Plus" account (and pay money), I have zero interest in a Yahoo account.

So, end result is that I am not gonna sign up for Yahoo email account that I will never use just to help you out. Nothing against you.

I am sure that there is someone else on the forums who does use Yahoo Mail would might be able to test things out, but it shall not be me. Sorry.

BTW, have you tried contacting Yahoo to see if they can help:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/postmaster/forms_index.html

In addition, I am guessing you likely already saw this page, but on the odd chance that you did not, you might see if this helps at all:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN4874&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1372294310939&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

#7 BrainwasteUSA

BrainwasteUSA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

You misunderstand. I am not asking you to sign up for a Yahoo email account to help me out or for any other reason. Your email

choice is yours and I was not attempting to influence you or order you to use Yahoo- get that straight. Just by the tone of your reply I thought

that you might have some reason to be agaist Yahoo mail, that is all. Hope that clears that up. Do you know how to print out full emails with

Firefox? If so let me know as I want to try printing with another browser.

So you are saying that my printing trouble is with Yahoo mail & not browser based. OK. I will investigate this .

Edited by BrainwasteUSA, 26 June 2013 - 08:28 PM.

#8 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:18 AM

You misunderstand. I am not asking you to sign up for a Yahoo email account to help me out or for any other reason. Your email
choice is yours and I was not attempting to influence you or order you to use Yahoo- get that straight. Just by the tone of your reply I thought
that you might have some reason to be agaist Yahoo mail, that is all. Hope that clears that up. Do you know how to print out full emails with
Firefox? If so let me know as I want to try printing with another browser.

Printing should nominally be the same for any browser. You can try the instructions from the last link that I provided before...here it is again:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN4874&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1372294310939&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

How are you currently trying to print those messages from Chrome? Do you use the Print command in the Chrome menu? Or do you use a print buttom/link in the Yahoo interface as suggested in the above link)?

So you are saying that my printing trouble is with Yahoo mail & not browser based. OK. I will investigate this .

Not necessarily. What I am saying is that you might want to check with Yahoo to see if they have any suggestions. It could be a Yahoo issue (in which case they might be able to tell you that) or it could be an issue with the browser and they might be able to help figure out that problem.

#9 BrainwasteUSA

BrainwasteUSA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

I have resolved the issue!!! YAY!!  I was able to print out full emails in both Firefox & Chrome with Yahoo webmail.

This is how : In Yahoo Mail, I opened up the email I wanted to view & print out. Next I clicked on the "Action" tab

and selected the "Print" option. I window opened up displaying the full email. Then I just clicked on the "Print"

option within the window that the email was displayed in. So, you were right. The issue was not broswer based but rather

based within the Yahoo webmail interface itself. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Feel free to share my solution to this trouble with anyone who has the same trouble.

#10 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

Glad to hear you are all set!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users