Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard/Mouse issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Nubcakes

Nubcakes

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

Greetings!

I am having a rather obscure issue and seek guidance/assistance. My keyboard (Logitech G510) and mouse (Logitech MX518) will (seemingly randomly) disconnect and become unresponsive until i restart my system.

What I think I know:

Through blind troubleshooting I have discovered that these disconnects are not necessarily random. They seem to occur when I am playing video games. Furthermore I believe is it more common (if not entirely) among certain games. I did some testing. I have played several different games (Starcraft 2, Natural Selection 2, Warframe, Left 4 Dead 2, more to come pending further testing) and during these sessions my hardware performs fine. However, when playing League of Legends and Diablo 3 my hardware then becomes unresponsive until restart.

it appears to be a "come and go" ailment. For example, last week I did not experience any disruptions, but if we were to go back ~2 or 3 weeks ago, this issue was rampant as it is now. During the week of "no disruptions" I was playing vast amounts of both League of Legends and Diablo 3.

What I have done:

During several attempts to fix this issue, I have Updated/installed/reinstalled/Uninstalled logitech drivers for both of my devices. I am currently running on Plug and Play drivers. I have used different mice and keyboards. I have used different USB ports in the back of my computer, and also plugged my devices in the front USB ports (not connected to the motherboard). I have cleaned my registry in an attempt to remove any (for lack of a better phrase) overlapping or disruptive data that would adversly affect my hardware. I have disabled the power saving utility for my keyboard and mouse USB hubs in my device manager. I have attempted to update my generic USB hubs and Plug and Play drivers all to no avail.

Other Thoughts:

I have contacted several of my friends in an attempt to solve and diagnose this problem, the most common diagnosis is that my motherboard USBs are having issues(which is a very common thing from what I hear), but I cant help thinking that if it were a motherboard issue, wouldnt this problem also occur when im not playing games? So far that has not happened. When i plugged my keyboard/mouse in my front USBs the problem still resurfaced aswell.

I am out of ideas and this issue is now out of my range of knowledge.

Thank you in advance for looking/responding to my issue.

~Nubcakes

Edited by Nubcakes, 23 June 2013 - 08:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users