Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

after update computer will boot but it takes 10 min lots of not responding prog

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mtiffin

mtiffin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

I went through a lot of issues with a clean up at Malwarebytes   till I got the all clear and start working with this computer again

everything except MS excell appeared back to normal 

excell still errors and closes itself on any process like a data sort

so after a few days i decided to let windows update do its thing with 22 criticals

got about to 12 and it stopped, I let it run overnight    in the morning it had rebooted and all 22 appeard to have been updated       but the computer  was responding very slowly    so i rebooted again no change

this computer is unusable now  it works on simple things but any higher level stuff times out or just stops

it takes 5 to 10 min to look at the c drive and check its properties

event viewer just sits there 2 hrs nothing    opening control center take 10 min to just show the icons

open 2 things and you might as well go home for the day

tried recovery  (regular and safe mode)  failed says it couldn't find a file   (file is there)

safe mode works fine but any fixes, logs, or other info will need to come from safe mode 

these are the step we took at malwarebytes

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=126945&hl=

this computer is used in a sound studio and has hours of updates and upgrades loaded on it

so reloading windows will suck

Thanks for any ideas

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users