Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 takes too long to start; error log references unexpected shutdown

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RisingManes

RisingManes

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

Hello, and I'd appreciate some help with the subject matter at hand. I have been struggling with hardware issues too, but this isn't what the topic is about. Though what you may want to know is: Posting doesn't make a sound half the time, we ran Windows Memory Tester and found no errors, replaced the PSU, reseated everything including the processor. Perhaps reseating the processor fixed that, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

With the backstory out of the way: Pretty much what it says on the tin. Windows works fine, if somewhat sluggish due to my use of Chrome as of late. Only bootup takes forever.

Here's the error log for the latest bootup as of the time of posting.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Woo.xml   13.29KB   2 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dmoorecomputertech

dmoorecomputertech

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

There seems to be a lot of startup errors involving Peer Network Grouping. Try typing services.msc into the search or run dialog box in the Start menu and hit enter. Then scroll down and make sure the Peer Networking Identity Manager is not set to disabled. Just double click it and set the startup type to manual. See if that helps.

#3 RisingManes

RisingManes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

So turns out doing something unrelated may have eased my issue a bit: I uninstalled and reinstalled Flash Player, which had my computer BSoD'ing when I even so much as skim over an embedded YouTube video. (Meanwhile, games like Dark Souls and even the Final Fantasy XIV beta run fine...)

The startup error disappeared along with the BSoD'ing, based on a cursory test, though some errors are still there. I should probably note that I use Startup Delayer.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Woo.xml   8.13KB   4 downloads

Edited by RisingManes, 22 June 2013 - 10:32 PM.

#4 dmoorecomputertech

dmoorecomputertech

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:30 PM

Startup Delayer can cause problems if not used correctly and has been linked to some crash issues.

The following link hosted by Bleeping Computer is a database and search tool for knowing which Startup programs are necessary, unnecessary, optional, and even harmful to your computer. Please read the usage instructions and the disclaimer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users