Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I make sure I don't have programs running in the background?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 johnnywarren1

johnnywarren1

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:49 AM

How do I make sure I don't have unwanted programs running in the background or without my being able to see them? I think that is what is slowing up my computer, also how can I speed up my computer?

thanks,

jw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NorthernScally

NorthernScally

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:26 AM

I use windows task manager ,right click on the taskbar to open menu click task manager, then click processes it shows what is running

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

You currently have an open topic in the Am I Infected forum...which seems to deal with current suspected issues with your system.  See http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498820/videos-and-stuff-running-in-the-background/ .  That topic is the one on which you should focus your energies.

Until the AII topic is resolved, we request that you not initiate any other topics about your system problems, as the responses to such are likely to confuse the issues involved and may confict with good advice concerning suspected malware. 

To prevent confusion, this topic is now closed.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users