Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I bought this gamin pc and want to know why is it so slow?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

I've been playing Last choas i lag it make sounds like sound is skipping and sometimes it goes too far it closes the game.  What needs to be changed to make it go faster besides the graphics card.

Full Computer Component Details
House Brand 400W ATX12V Power Supply

Power Supply: House Brand 400W ATX12V Power Supply | Upgrade
Main Connector 20+4Pin

Single +12V Rail
Over Voltage Protection

Connectors
1 x Main connector (20+4Pin)
1 x 12V (P4)
4 x peripheral
1 x SATA
1 x Floppy
View Complete Details

New Fast Custom AMD FX-4100 @ 4.2GHz Quad-Core Gaming Desktop Computer PC DDR3

ATX Case: iMicro CA-IM2109B Mid-Tower ATX Case | Upgrade
Case Type: ATX Mid Tower
M/B Type: Micro ATX, ATX

Drive Bays: 9
External Bay: 3x 5.25", 1x 3.5"
Internal Bay: 5x 3.5"

Expansion Slots: 7
Cooling System: 1x 120mm/90mm/80mm Rear Fan(Optional); Side Air Duct(Optional)
Front I/O Panel: 2x USB 2.0 Ports; 1x Speaker; 1x Microphone
Dimensions(WxDxH): 7.08 x 15.5 x 16.5 inch
View Complete Details

AMD FX-4100 @ 4.2GHz Quad-Core

CPU/Processor: AMD FX-4100 @ 4.2GHz Quad-Core | Upgrade
Socket AM3+
Quad-Core

Operating Frequency
4.2GHz

L2 Cache
4 x 1MB

L3 Cache
8MB

Thermal Design Power
95W
View Complete Details

AMD Stock AM2+/AM3

Heatsink/Fan: AMD Stock AM2+/AM3 | Upgrade
AMD Phenom II AM3 stock cooler

4 copper heatpipes
92 x 91 x 62 mm

Fan Speed 3280 rpm
Fan Hub Size 31 mm
View Complete Details

ASRock 960GM-VGS3 FX AM3+ w/ Radeon 3000

Motherboard: ASRock 960GM-VGS3 FX AM3+ w/ Radeon 3000 | Upgrade
* actual board is black/grey in color as pictured to the left

Memory
2x DDR3-1866(OC)/1600(OC)/1333/1066 DIMM Slots
Dual Channel, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, Max Capacity of 16GB

Slots
1x PCI-Express 2.0 x16 Slot
1x PCI Slot

Video
AMD Radeon 3000

Form Factor
MicroATX
View Complete Details

Onboard Desktop Sound Adapter

Network Adapter: Onboard Network/Internet Adapter | Upgrade
All motherboards have a built in NIC (Network Interface Card). This means you will be able to connect to your high speed broadband cable or DSL internet connection. If you have 56k (also known as dial up internet) that uses a phone connection, you will need to select a 56k modem to go with your Custom Built PC.

4GB(1x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz

Memory/RAM: 4GB(1x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz | Upgrade
240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM
Capacity 4GB (1x4GB)
Speed: DDR3 1333MHz (PC3 10600)
ECC: No
View Complete Details

None Selected

Hard Drive:  isntalled

None Selected

Optical Drive: iinstalled

None Selected

Video Card: Radeon HD 7770

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:27 PM

Hi

What settings are you used to play the game ? . If you are asking too much from the graphic card, game will lag. AMD 7770 is a budget card which is suitable for casual gamers. It can play most game in HD resolution with medium settings. But if you are trying to play a graphically intensive game in true HD resolution, you may experience lag and low FPS. So make sure to play the game in optimal resolution with medium settings.

#3 AbsoZed

AbsoZed

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:31 PM

Anshad has the right of it. Although, if everything's slow, and you bought it used with Windows 7 Or whatever, a fresh install may be best.

#4 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

i just recently installed the windows 7. How do i do optimal resolution with medium settings

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

You find the best settings for your system and whichever game you are playing by the tedious process of trial and error !  It's a matter of going into the settings on each game you play and adjusting the graphics settings to find the ones that give best overall performance on your machine.

There are very few computers which can play modern games with the settings at 'Full'. If you set the settings to mininum, the game will fly, but the graphics and the resolution will be very poor. At 'Full', as you have discovered, you get poor frame rates and lagging. I would concentrate on the video / display settings first - audio makes fewer demands on your system - and try by setting all the adjustments to their mid-point to start. If that gives reasonable performance, then you can try increasing them one step at a time. if it is still too much, you can try reducing them slightly.

My own weakness is for simulators. I can run the MS Train sim, which was written for Win 98 I think, with all the settings at 'Full', but I have to pull back on some of the graphics settings in the modern Rail Works Train Simulator.

Chris Cosgrove

#6 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

so if i play world of warcraft it will be slow? how do i change the settings to make it run smoothly? or do i need a better graphics card? I have this thing called Fast Lan. could that be causing the problem? I noticed when I install things its slow.

Edited by Mooglebooboo, 22 June 2013 - 07:44 PM.

#7 aQuilla

aQuilla

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

WoW is not really a graphic demanding game IMO so your Radeon HD 7770 could easily handle this game on medium settings. If you are not in a tight budget, it is of course advisable to upgrade your GPU into more powerful ones like the newer GTX series. I haven't haven't head of Fast Lan. Is it a program that runs on background?

#8 AbsoZed

AbsoZed

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

An upgrade to a newer card would be highly advisable. Anything from the GTX series would be great, preferably in the 600 series.

#9 LPTJared

LPTJared

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

Well your CPU is a lower-end CPU as well as the Graphics card is quite dated. Are you running a Mechanical HDD or are you running an SSD? I would recommend staying away from pre-built computers and just building your own computer. While they are quite expensive, they are very easy and simple to build. It's as simple as putting things into the correct slots and plugging in the wires where need be.

If you ever want to upgrade your PC I would recommend getting an SSD first because even though some people never consider getting a storage device to speed up your PC, SSD's can improve your computer's overall speed in general and are 3 or 4 times as fast as a Mechanical HDD. I would then move to upgrading your Graphics card, maybe a 660 or a 660Ti or a 7850 or 7870,  then a new CPU and Motherboard, I would recommend an i5 3570k for a CPU and an ASRock Extreme 6 for the motherboard. Bot of these items are not that expensive and will give you really great performance for years to come. And last but not least you will eventually want to get some new RAM/Memory, I recommend either Gskill or Patriot, both are great brands and are very reliable. While RAM speeds don't really matter a whole lot when Gaming and/or everyday use, they can matter when rendering and etc, so don't worry to much about that, just find some good RAM that is around 1600mhz because that is becoming the standard RAM speed these days. Below are some Helpful links that might help you in the future.

How to Build a Computer - 2013 Version! - Carey Holzman is great at explaining things to first timers as well as he really gets into detail about things. Overall he know's what he's doing/talking about.

Newegg - Newegg is an Online Retailer that sells pretty much everything and anything computer related except water cooling components. Newegg has superb deals and great customer support, I would highly recommend buying computer hardware from them.

LavcoPriceTech - LavcoPriceTech or LPT is a Tech channel on Youtube that is not sponsored and they give honest, non-biased reviews on computer hardware and really know their stuff. A great channel if you like hearing others opinions on things.

Edited by LPTJared, 22 June 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#10 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

I went to the game's page and looked up required/recommended specs and your current system should handle it fine without lag, or at least lag caused by the CPU or the video card.  The recommended specs are mediocre for even a 4 year old system.

Is 4 gigs all of the memory you have?  One stick?  Do you notice your hard drive light flashing during the "lags"?  Go into task manager and just see how much memory/CPU activity you use at idle.

Sometimes games can eat up a lot of memory.  The possibility exists that 4 gigs just ain't cutting it for your situation.  Hard drive activity during a game could mean you are hitting your page file, and that will surely lag you.

Simple stuff first before you throw money at it.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#11 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

yes fast lan is a program that is came with. so i just need a better graphics card and more ram. i need the name of it. Make sure its able to fit my computer case. I need a link for more RAM and better graphics card.

Edited by Mooglebooboo, 22 June 2013 - 09:56 PM.

#12 lti

lti

• Members
  • 583 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:51 PM

I don't think it is the cause of your problems, but that power supply doesn't look very good.

It looks like you bought something similar to this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Fast-AMD-FX-4-2GHz-Quad-Core-X4-Computer-Windows-7-DDR3-Gaming-Desktop-PC-/310688156454?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item4856750b26

I don't think that is a gaming computer either.

#13 AbsoZed

AbsoZed

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

AFAIK, that computer would serve any purpose you could throw at it, with a decent video card. Hell, I'm running a Phenom II X6.

#14 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

I just need a computer that can handle WoW and Last choas. So what needs to be replaced? what is gpu?

Edited by Mooglebooboo, 23 June 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#15 AbsoZed

AbsoZed

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

GPU = Graphics Card. That's probably your issue if you've recently re-installed Windows. A new GPU from the GTX-600 series should be able to run WoW quite well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users