Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

videos and stuff running in the background

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johnnywarren1

johnnywarren1

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

Hi,

How do I get rid of videos and stuff running in the background that I can't see? They are really slowing my computer down!

thanks,

JW

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dmoorecomputertech

dmoorecomputertech

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "videos and stuff running in the background that I can't see". Need more information to answer your question.

Also, if you would run the following program, so I can see what security features you have in place. Follow the instructions below, and post (copy and paste) the results.

Security Check

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop.

• Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
  • Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

NOTE 1: If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.
NOTE 2: SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.

Depending on the issue, I can help or direct you to the right area. Thanks.

#3 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

I have moved this topic to Am I Infected, and closed other topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498821/how-to-fix-registry/#entry3084531

bloopie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users