Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP Please !! DVD Writers Not working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 carinsharon

carinsharon

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

I have a DVD RW AD-7260S ATA Device on my Tower and it is not working.  I get a message as follows:

ATAPI DVD USB device

cannot start device

Configuration Info ( in Registry)

incomplete or damaged   Code 19

I also have a Lite-on External DVD RW  Writer and an HP DVD  RW Lightscribe External Writer and both

of these are giving me the same errors.

I need to use these today if at all possible.  What can I do to fix the problem?  Is there a free program that will fix it for me?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

CarinSharon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

Try MS Fixit, Optical Drives - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116 .

Louis

#3 carinsharon

carinsharon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

I have tried the MS Fixit and that did not fix the problem.  It is in the registry where the problem is at.  I can't use the CD ROM at all.  How can I fix the registry problem?

CarinSharon

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

The Fixit...includes the registry adjustment which is normally alluded to in descriptions of this error. If you still want to pursue playing in the registry, then take a look at http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/code-19-error.htm .

Louis

#5 surge1223

surge1223

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:47 AM

Make sure windows is up to date by running windows update.  Next, open device manager, go to view and select show hidden devices.  Next right click on your pc in the list and hit scan for hardware changes.  Let us know if anything shows a yellow caution traingle.  Expand DVD/CD-ROM Drives.  What do you have listed there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users