Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LACie external hard drive UK power plug

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 daithicarr

daithicarr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

Hi all,

I recently moved house and discovered that my power cord for my LaCie LaCinema Classic 1TB HDMI/USB 2.0 Multimedia External Hard Drive didnt make the trip. I have been unable to find the exact Input and output required for this hard drive and was wondering if anyone knew where i could find this information.

Its quite possible that one of the power cords off older now faulty external hard drives would do the trick, but i dont want to just plug in and see given its my last working hard drive with all my stuff backed up on it.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

Have you tried checking the Lacie web-site ( www.lacie.com ) for the specs for this drive ?  Failing that, possibly their Tech Help.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

Hi all,

I recently moved house and discovered that my power cord for my LaCie LaCinema Classic 1TB HDMI/USB 2.0 Multimedia External Hard Drive didnt make the trip. I have been unable to find the exact Input and output required for this hard drive and was wondering if anyone knew where i could find this information.

Its quite possible that one of the power cords off older now faulty external hard drives would do the trick, but i dont want to just plug in and see given its my last working hard drive with all my stuff backed up on it.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

This might help:

http://www.lacie.com/imgstore/more/PowerSupply_compat.pdf

From there, you might be able to see if you can buy a new supply from LaCie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users