Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Controller Issue Driving Me Nuts! Help, please!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TJ Wilson

TJ Wilson

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

I replaced my hard drive when it died and tried installing Windows XP from my disc.

My original video controller was for a Dell/Intel 965 Chipset.  It quit working, so I installed an ATI Sapphire Radeon X1650 board.  In Device Manager all I get is the yellow question mark.

I can't install any video controller, although I have uninstalled the ones with the yellow question mark.

.I downloaded this file from http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=R173064.  When I try to install it, I get an error message:  "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for the softwae.  Setup will exit."  However, it doesn't tell me what I need,.

I have also tried to install the graphics controller file m my Dell Drivers and Utilities disk that came with the computer.  I get the same error message as above.

I've also tried ATI\Support\10-02_legacy_vista32-64_dd_ccc, the driver for my video card.  Tht error message is:  " Catalyst Install Manager failed to initialize."  Then "Catalyst Install Manager failed to initialize Package Manager."  Have no idea what it means.  The entire logs reads:

Existing packages
Other detected devices
Error messages Catalyst® Install Manager failed to initialize Catalyst® Install Manager failed to initialize Package Manager Catalyst® Install Manager failed to initialize Catalyst® Install Manager failed to initialize

This doesn't help me at all, and ATI hasn't told me what it means.

I've even tried paying for and downloading DriverUpdate, which doesn't help, EITHER.

The system is: Dell Dimensions E520, Intel Pentium 4, CPU 3.066Hz, 3.06 GHz, 2.50 GHz RAM, Windows XP, Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 2.  I don't know how to show you the specifics, if someone will tell me, I'll add it.

I really need this driver, can't play games, my work software (Adobe) needs this.  I haven't even installed my monitor yet. 

Edited by hamluis, 20 June 2013 - 04:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

Try http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/downloads/download_index.aspx?psn=0006&lid=1 for the correct driver, please.

Louis

#3 TJ Wilson

TJ Wilson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

I thought I had used that one, but I guess not.  The error message now reads: Setup was unable to find compnents that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration.  Please sure you have the reuired hardware or software.  ???

Thank you for your help.

TJ

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,875 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

<<...so I installed an ATI Sapphire Radeon X1650 board...>>

When?  Has the installed card ever worked in your system?

Perhaps...your motherboard is the problem, not your other functional components.

Louis

#5 TJ Wilson

TJ Wilson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

Thank you!  I updated some Windowd files and it works perfectly, even shows my monitor in Device Manager!  PROBLEM SOLVED!

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,875 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

Nice work, glad you resolved it...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users