Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

geforce 9800 gt / ati radeon hd 3400 interchangable ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 qmuddy2

qmuddy2

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

i want to take the ati radeon hd 3400 video card out of my dell xps 510 desktop and put it into my custom built desktop which now has a geforce 9800 gt video card, to see if my display problems are due to a bad video card (geforce 9800 gt); if the dell xps 510 card (radeon hd 3400) is 'onboard', maybe i won't be able to take it out easily; thanks;   i'll buy a card at best buy, if i can't get this to work; thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RajathAtDell

RajathAtDell

Authorized Dell Representative

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

Hi qmuddy2,

If you are referring to the Dimension E510, as the XPS 510 does not exist, it has an Intel onboard video solution. You can remove the ATI Radeon HD 3400 video card and test it in your custom built Desktop as it is a PCI-E x16 card.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajath N
#iworkfordell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users