Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Slow, not loading pages, not responding

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 maroper

maroper

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

Running Windows XP. Internet Explorer 7

Internet Explorer constantly giving not responding message.  Pages are slow to load, some never load.  Constantly getting Not Responding Message and Internet Explorer becomes completely unresponsive.  This problem just seemed to begin several days ago. 

Steps that I have taken to help problem: 

Updated MalwareBytes and ran scan.  I also ran MalwareBytes in Safe Mode.  Scans showed nothing found.

Ran scan on Microsoft Essentials. Scans show nothing.

Made sure all Windows Updates are up to date (I have windows firewall turned on and have automatic updates turned on)

I have run a scandisk/checkdisk.  I believe it said it repaired one bad sector

I also have AFT Cleaner installed, which I run about once a week

I have no other malware or virus protection installed other than MalwareBytes and Microsoft Essentials.

Computer analyzed and said I did not need to defragment

Only using 25-30% if harddrive

Checked with Internet provider.  They said we are having no problems in my location area.

The only program I have installed in the last several months is Skype

Any suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

Hi

How other browsers work ?. My personal choice is chrome and it works fine for me.Your IE version is 7 and it is fairly outdated. Latest is IE10 but Microsoft didn't even released IE 9 for XP. Sticking with an outdated browser is a security risk. Also a large number of websites require at least IE 8 or higher. I strongly recommend consider using an alternative browser or at least upgrade the Internet explorer version to 8.  

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 20 June 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#3 maroper

maroper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

I will check Chrome and Firefox to see if they work any better.

#4 vulcain

vulcain

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

Hello,

and simply reset Internet Explorer from the panel.

#5 maroper

maroper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

How do I reset Internet Explorer from the panel?

#6 maroper

maroper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

Oh, sorry, I understand now that you meant for me to reset IE to default settings in Advanced Internet Options.

#7 vulcain

vulcain

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

Hi,

yes just do

#8 maroper

maroper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

I am a bit confused as to what happened.  I downloaded Google Chrome and it was much much better than my Internet Explorer yesterday.  Immediately after the download, I was prompted to install a microsoft update, which I did.  Then I had this strange item in my start menu that said Internet Explorer without add ons.  This was confusing so I decided to restore back to yesterday and download Google Chrome again.  After that, everything seems to be working great.  I didn't reset Internet Explorer yet but at this point, everything is working 100% better now.   I would be interested to know if others think I should reset Internet Explorer.  Any by the way, I am running Internet Explorer 8 not Internet Explorer 7.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users